Say Lou Lou

Caitlyn Kardashian to attend Trump's inaguration

i'll never get people who vote in parties that openly oppress them. Maybe it made sense before when no party would touch gay rights, but the differences now are like light and dark.

It's not like the Republicans are offering anything else that would make you think it's ok to sacrifice your right as a human. If she wasn't some rich white bitch, she'd always be in hiding as a he. She doesn't deserve to be a trans icon.

Honestly, maybe getting spat on on the street or beaten by swamps followers will teach her. Not that I advocate violence or want this to happen - because I don't, but things like this will teach her about what it's like to be a sheep in a forest of wolves and what it truly means to be trans in america.

The people who are really turning their back on the LGBT+ community are the ones that judge LGBT+ individuals for making their own choices based on what they believe in, regardless of what other people are telling them to do aura1

This whole "if you're a member of the LGBT+ community you have to be a Democrat, wait scratch that, you have to be a Hillary supporter or you're a despicable human being" idea is an absolute embarrassment that shows how ill-conceived the equally laughable "the younger generations of Democrats represent the educated vote that supports diversity and open-mindedness" myth chi1 And for gays esp. to judge other people based on the book's cover is just all kinds of hilarity brit12

I'm not a Trump supporter but I do know that Trump is the most pro-LGBT+ Republican that ever ran for president, that he has a substantial LGBT+ following, and, following that, that his political views that are so often painted as "anti-gay" are actually rooted in his ideas about the necessity of local areas to govern themselves, for which there are a lot of positive things to say oprah11 

Bleh whatever. Another "essay" that'll be mocked I guess rih10

7 hours ago, Earth Ripper said:

The people who are really turning their back on the LGBT+ community are the ones that judge LGBT+ individuals for making their own choices based on what they believe in, regardless of what other people are telling them to do aura1

This whole "if you're a member of the LGBT+ community you have to be a Democrat, wait scratch that, you have to be a Hillary supporter or you're a despicable human being" idea is an absolute embarrassment that shows how ill-conceived the equally laughable "the younger generations of Democrats represent the educated vote that supports diversity and open-mindedness" myth chi1 And for gays esp. to judge other people based on the book's cover is just all kinds of hilarity brit12

I'm not a Trump supporter but I do know that Trump is the most pro-LGBT+ Republican that ever ran for president, that he has a substantial LGBT+ following, and, following that, that his political views that are so often painted as "anti-gay" are actually rooted in his ideas about the necessity of local areas to govern themselves, for which there are a lot of positive things to say oprah11 

Bleh whatever. Another "essay" that'll be mocked I guess rih10

Idgaf about what Trump personally believes when most of his cabinet have scored a 0 on the Human Right's Campaign scorecards for LGBT equality and have voted against multiple LGBT rights. Most of them voted against marriage equality as well. Ben Carson, the newly appointed leader of Housing and Development said in response to protecting LGBT people from housing discrimination/unfair treatment from landlords that "LGBT people don't need extra rights". In his mind equal rights = extra. 

Also Trump may be okay with gay people but his platform was the most anti LGBT platform ever. He believes in religious freedom laws that protect discrimination against LGBT people ala Kim Davis. He even says he would repeal many of Obama's executive orders INCLUDING the ones where businesses that receive federal funding can't discriminate on the grounds of gender identity and sexual orientation.

His VP Pence is vile and HATES gay people. He has a proven record of anti-LGBT policy and beliefs which can't be disputed. For example, when Indiana (the state he was governor of) received aid to handle their HIV outbreak, he directed that money towards gay conversion therapy instead. 

You are right - we all have the right to vote for who we want and hold our own political beliefs BUT people like Caitlyn are selfish. She won't be affected by any anti LGBT legislation because she's rich and lives in the liberal, progressive state of California. The trans youth in states like Alabama, Mississippi, and Oklahoma are who will be victims to whatever legislation the GOP will try and implement. That's why his argument for local communities and local governance doesn't sit well with me.

You can be LGBT and support Republican policies and politicians, not all of them are anti-LGBT, but MOST Republican politicians and their supporters oppose pro-LGBT rights and policies.