Say Lou Lou

Is Demi Lovato criminally underrated?

On 1/11/2017 at 9:42 PM, PoisonCandy said:

She needs better music. She's a great singer, but her albums are full of half-assed, basic filler crap. Even her singles are hit and miss.

Exactly. This. Even Max Martin can't provide a non-filler-esque track for her. Her vocals are the best of her generation of pop girlies next to Ariana oprah11. She just doesn't have the right songs.... they're mostly boring. 

I have to admit I am a HUGE Demi fan though creep1

I remember that short 5-min show she did on Disney channel when she JUST started. Then I remember her leaving it because Camp Rock was coming. When that movie came out and I watched behind the scenes of her vocals PLAIN I died fall7.

She just doesn't have any good songs creep1coffee1

she has potential to be great but she wastes it on generic trash music and it comes across as trying too hard, not to mention her tragic attitude and social media posts

she also has a great voice but she hardly ever uses it properly, homegirl wails and shrieks more than Xtina....like girl u aint in a horror movie

8 hours ago, SWINΞ said:

Exactly. This. Even Max Martin can't provide a non-filler-esque track for her. Her vocals are the best of her generation of pop girlies next to Ariana oprah11. She just doesn't have the right songs.... they're mostly boring. 

I have to admit I am a HUGE Demi fan though creep1

I remember that short 5-min show she did on Disney channel when she JUST started. Then I remember her leaving it because Camp Rock was coming. When that movie came out and I watched behind the scenes of her vocals PLAIN I died fall7.

She just doesn't have any good songs creep1coffee1

She actually had some pretty cool tracks back in her Disney channel days. Her pop-rock/power pop stuff was a lot better than what she's doing now imo.

1 hour ago, PoisonCandy said:

She actually had some pretty cool tracks back in her Disney channel days. Her pop-rock/power pop stuff was a lot better than what she's doing now imo.

My favorite Disney-era song is Don't Forget oprah11cry9

On 1/12/2017 at 5:32 PM, Paranomin said:

I think shes under rated. I love her music but I find her albums have a few good songs on it and then the rest is filled with fillers (that I usually enjoy). Stars is my Jam from Confident!

Stars is fucking shit lj1

Wildfire and Yes are incredible lj1

5 minutes ago, Scarlett O'Hara said:

I get you but a good voice isn't a guarantee for success as it's just one part of the pop star formula. I mean Tori Kelly is a great vocalist and her sales are the pits, why does Demi deserve better?

true

I think she has potential, but she wastes it on boring music. 

There's not a single good thing about her music or image that defines her. Ariana, for example, is known for her voice and her sexy kitten image. That's her thing. Miley is known for her crazy costumes and "twerking". What is Demi's thing? 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Chris Morlock

She needs better music. She's a great singer, but her albums are full of half-assed, basic filler crap. Even her singles are hit and miss.

No... she's... she's right at where she belongs

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.