Dennis Reynolds

What do your family members think of your faves?

Inspired by a long car ride with my dad where we pretty much argued about Katy Perry, NSYNC, Britney Spears, Maroon 5 etc. the whole time jj4 Obviously he doesn't like them. The only one in my awards he kinda likes is Gwen, though No Doubt never came up and based on past conversations I don't think he minds Madge either. You should've seen him go IN when I eventually said something about hating Motorhead and AC/DC lmfao1 Even worse he put on some album by this blind, semi-recently deceased Canadian guy (been two hours and I literally can't even remember his name), halfway for spite I'm sure. 

My mom is much cooler music-wise demi1 She loved Britney before I did and at least likes all my faves except for Spice Girls dead4 They get no respect in my house...I'd kinda like to see their reaction if they found out I posted under one of their names until recently...

1 minute ago, Tiny Little Bows said:

"Isn't she the little girl who sings Friday?"

I was wondering what you were gonna say...I know you and some others here have bigger fish to fry with them supporting Trump ahs1 But I was still irritated by the whole convo really, I should've let it die.

My dad likes everything on music, Britney Spears to Dream theater what ever i put on the radio its good for him.

My mom hates Britney and Christina, sometimes she likes Rihanna but shes not in to modern music.... she is a bee gees or donna summer or george michael (RIP) fan.

My mom likes Madonna's music and was sort of a fan back in the day. She also likes Taylor's music. She doesn't really care about Kesha, and she likes some of Ariana's music. My dad likes older alt/rock music so he thinks it's all shit. My grandparents don't like any pop music and think it's trash and so are all popstars. dead2 

My dad is super hip and trusts my taste in music. Which makes sense since he's the one that got me into music in the first place. So he enjoys 99% of my faves and even goes to shows with me from time to time. Epitome of cool dad. gaga13 

As a kid I was a huge Avril Lavigne fan (feel free to judge me) jj4 and they were very outspoken about how much they disliked her and how annoying I was for playing her shitty records all the time, especially my sister. Eventually I realised that they were right and that there were much better artists out there. jj5

My parents already liked Madonna for flawlessly portraying Eva Perón - we're Argentinian and peronists. And it's not really that hard to like the queen of pop. jj2

In general, well, they all like pretty much all the music I play at home. My father likes my rock faves (Muse, Nightwish, Franz Ferdinand...) and asks me to put music on his phone very often. Mom likes Justin Timberlake, Daft Punk, Mika, Tarja Turunen, and other faves of mine. My sister is a DJ; we exchange music and I send her remixes all the time. I had her stanning The Weeknd's Starboy album recently, and she got me into Justice, Two Door Cinema Club, Hot Chip, etc.

Britney - They know her since she debuted and are aware of her mental breakdown. They don't hate her, I think they're pretty indifferent tbh. I think my mom likes her a little bit, she once said that Britney is a huge artist and that she sings beautifully. gaycat1

Rihanna - They don't know who she is tbh rip4 They have surely heard a lot of her songs on the radio but i'm pretty sure they have no idea who she is. I remember my mom once said she loved "Love The Way You Lie" back when it came out but that's it, she never really mentioned her...

Tinashe - rip4 

Oh yeah Madonna is not my fave but they pretty much hate her rip4 They call her cowdonna and think she's just a provocative slut. rip3 

Mum saw Madonna the last time she came to Australia in 1993 so she likes her. Dad used to live in Melbourne and do Kylie's fanmail back when she was on Neighbours so he loves her. Neither of them really know Björk beyond her biggest songs aka It's Oh So Quiet but they don't really pay her any attention

I feel like my mum just bops to the radio-ready stuff by my faves but she doesn't really care about any of it jj4 Like she'd sing along to the hooks of songs like Bad Romance, La Isla Bonita, Umbrella, This Love, etc. but she'd never actively choose to listen to any of them jj4

She stans The Promise by Girls Aloud though jj4

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Isn't she the little girl who sings Friday?"

My dad is super hip and trusts my taste in music. Which makes sense since he's the one that got me into music in the first place. So he enjoys 99% of my faves and even goes to shows with me from time

Inspired by a long car ride with my dad where we pretty much argued about Katy Perry, NSYNC, Britney Spears, Maroon 5 etc. the whole time  Obviously he doesn't like them. The only one in my awards he

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.