Vertigo-go

Nicole Kidman has a brain spasm, asks people to support Trump

5877d3cb1700002e00fde49f.jpeg?cache=plcm

“I’m always reticent to start commenting politically; I’ve never done it in terms of America or Australia. I’m issue-based,” Kidman explained in a wide-ranging interview with BBC Two about her film “Lion.” “So I just say, he’s now elected, and we as a country need to support whosever the president because that’s what the country’s based on.

“Whatever, however that happened, he’s there, and let’s go,” she added.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/nicole-kidman-thinks-its-about-time-americans-support-donald-trump_us_5877d16de4b06df924cb6751

I've only just started warming up to her as an actress, then she comes up with this jj4

This isn't what any country is based on jj4 Accepting you're in the world of nonsense and thinking what you can do about it to soften the blow for yourself and people who may be affected, is not the same thing as mindlessly agreeing with any leader that ends up being your president slash slave master jj4

I'm so irritated jj4

Australia is still behind in human rights, so I could see why wat3

But she's right. Don't be too bitter about Donald. Protest to the senators and hold him to action if he's not stepping up. Trump will kill his presidency all by himself if he doesn't get it together. This isn't one of his businesses he can shutter and push to the side. All of America is watching.

I truly want to see what he's going to do in the 100 days. Probably won't be much, but maybe he'll surprise me. I still hate him.

Nope. We have the right as human beings to question anything our President does. If he does good I will give him credit where credit is due but when he fucks up I will be there speaking out against him.

This isn't a normal president or a normal election. Just going along with it continues to normalize him and his presidency. World leaders don't tweet rants like a 13 year old girl and fuck up stock market values. World leaders don't avoid criticizing countries/world leaders who influenced our democratic process. World leaders don't have business empires and conflicts of interest while trying to "make a country great again". World leaders shouldn't be elected on the basis of racist and offensive remarks and actions including sexual assault.This man was endorsed by the KKK for christ's sake.

I understand he's the president and in charge, but I refuse to go along with this complacently. If it were Kasich, Rubio, Bush, Romney, or literally any other Republican, I could stomach this... but not a hot headed reality TV show celebrity who puts money before his own country. 

The country should come together, however Trump has given people NOTHING but lies and continues to divide the country. Everything he is doing is to his benefit and moving in the complete opposite direction. It baffles me that his supporters don't see that he's completely fooled them. Remember when he said that you shouldn't vote for Hillary because she's in the pocket for Goldman Sachs? Well 5 people from GS are now in his cabinet. Talk about draining the swamp! People should not support this. In fact, people need to stand up and say we do not accept this. Blind faith and support is just not an option here because he will lead the United States into a nuclear war because another country hurt his delicate snowflake ego or simply kill the country from anti-climate change and anti-anyone who is not a white man platforms.

9 minutes ago, Teenage Wet Dream said:

Nope. We have the right as human beings to question anything our President does. If he does good I will give him credit where credit is due but when he fucks up I will be there speaking out against him.

This isn't a normal president or a normal election. Just going along with it continues to normalize him and his presidency. World leaders don't tweet rants like a 13 year old girl and fuck up stock market values. World leaders don't avoid criticizing countries/world leaders who influenced our democratic process. World leaders don't have business empires and conflicts of interest while trying to "make a country great again". World leaders shouldn't be elected on the basis of racist and offensive remarks and actions including sexual assault.This man was endorsed by the KKK for christ's sake.

I understand he's the president and in charge, but I refuse to go along with this complacently. If it were Kasich, Rubio, Bush, Romney, or literally any other Republican, I could stomach this... but not a hot headed reality TV show celebrity who puts money before his own country. 

On a completely different note, I have to say that I admire how vocal and informed you have been about this whole election. Your country needs more people like you to keep voicing their outrage to save this country.

see I get what she's VAGUELY trying to say, about respect

however when there have been incidents where:

- People protested George Bush when the Recession hit and his blatant neglect to NOLA after Katrina

- the Right to literally ANYTHING Obama tried to pass as a means of progress

-  even earlier years like the Press to Nixon and Watergate

these examples show clearly

that the USA's values and what this country is about is thinking critically about ANY member in power

whether we agree or not, whether we are the majority or not

it has always been a right that we think honestly and critically of our leaders

why does Trump get a pass from this, but these other leaders I mentioned, are okay to criticize?

Sorry Nicole, but it's a good thing you aren't an US Citizen

cause you don't know jack shit about what our country & what it's based off of

Before you get a green card to the USA, read up about its' history and rights first!

2 hours ago, Tyler said:

On a completely different note, I have to say that I admire how vocal and informed you have been about this whole election. Your country needs more people like you to keep voicing their outrage to save this country.

Aww thanks boo. I'm going into HR so a lot of these policies being discussed affect what I learn in school so my professors and I frequently discuss politics. 

On the other hand, being a gay man my life is heavy politicized from who I want to marry, where I want to work, what businesses I choose to give my money to, to how I want to start a family. The LGBTQ community needs to be informed on politics so we can continue to fight against oppression. 

32 minutes ago, Teenage Wet Dream said:

Aww thanks boo. I'm going into HR so a lot of these policies being discussed affect what I learn in school so my professors and I frequently discuss politics. 

On the other hand, being a gay man my life is heavy politicized from who I want to marry, where I want to work, what businesses I choose to give my money to, to how I want to start a family. The LGBTQ community needs to be informed on politics so we can continue to fight against oppression. 

In general, minorities have to do better. I'm honestly disgusted how many women voted for Trump + all these other politicians. There are so many women who opposed Hillary because she was a women wat3

If the election had only been women, she would've snatched but the influence from men on their wives is unreal wat3

African Americans need to stop abandoning both parties. One thing that Barack failed to do was continue AA investment in the democratic party. The democrats need to focus on regaining those groups as well as Latinos. 

The sad thing is that I think if all of these group knew how strong they were, they'd put the effort in even more. I've been in AA neighborhoods where they're just as closed off from the real world (even though they follow mainstream trends) as their rural white counterparts. I honestly look up to all those people in the 60's (MLK, Rosa Parks) and am disappointed a bit by how complacent some have gotten, despite Black Lives Matter. 

26 minutes ago, Infrared said:

In general, minorities have to do better. I'm honestly disgusted how many women voted for Trump + all these other politicians. There are so many women who opposed Hillary because she was a women wat3

If the election had only been women, she would've snatched but the influence from men on their wives is unreal wat3

African Americans need to stop abandoning both parties. One thing that Barack failed to do was continue AA investment in the democratic party. The democrats need to focus on regaining those groups as well as Latinos. 

The sad thing is that I think if all of these group knew how strong they were, they'd put the effort in even more. I've been in AA neighborhoods where they're just as closed off from the real world (even though they follow mainstream trends) as their rural white counterparts. I honestly look up to all those people in the 60's (MLK, Rosa Parks) and am disappointed a bit by how complacent some have gotten, despite Black Lives Matter. 

55% of women voted for him!!! Like you'd think the way he talks about women would be enough to deflect their votes!

One of my best friends is black and he didn't vote because he felt like neither candidate cared for black citizens or would do much. Seemed to be a sentiment a lot of black americans felt unfortunately. 

When I go back to school next week - I am going to try and reach out to Muslim, black, Hispanic, LGBT, and hell any other minority students and start having a dialogue. The people put in charge don't care about us and will do more damage than good and we all have the same common enemy. I really hope this election sparks some motivation to mobilize and fight in the next election. 

If one good thing can come from Obamacare repeal, it's hopefully the millions of Americans who are angry about the decision will fight back in the midterm elections next year. 

1 hour ago, Teenage Wet Dream said:

55% of women voted for him!!! Like you'd think the way he talks about women would be enough to deflect their votes!

Some women think it's attractive and makes him (an outdated, untruthful term but-) an alpha-male dead2