Top 5 Selling Female Artist

31 posts in this topic

The top 5 selling female artist in history

  1. Madonna-300 million
  2. Mariah Carey-275 million
  3. Rihanna-230 million
  4. Celine Dion-220 million records
  5. Whitney Houston-200 million records

Congrats to the queensclap3

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Madonna sold 350m and I think Rihanna is at 270m.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Madonna sold 350m and I think Rihanna is at 270m.

Rihanna is not that high tho aura1

30m albums and close to 200m singles tops.

 

7 minutes ago, the great helper22 said:
  1. Mariah Carey-275 million

55m-65m singles

145m albums

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Current online singles sold at 99 cents shouldn't be counted the same way as physical Maxi-Singles at $10-20 and this is what happens with Rihanna. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyway, Guinness doesn't have Rihanna at 200m records yet

 

Quote

Among female artists, Mariah Carey (USA), Celine Dion (Canada) and Whitney Houston (USA, 1963-2012) all have total worldwide records sales estimated at 200 million units.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Li'l Sebastian said:

Rihanna is not that high tho aura1

30m albums and close to 200m singles tops.

 

55m-65m singles

145m albums

 

according to AAZAH news, yes she has.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Li'l Sebastian said:

Anyway, Guinness doesn't have Rihanna at 200m records yet

 

 

that doesnt matter

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, the great helper22 said:

according to AAZAH news, yes she has.

Lol at the receipts, i'll just say:

1 minute ago, the great helper22 said:

that doesnt matter

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Li'l Sebastian said:

Lol at the receipts, i'll just say:

 

but it does

 

-1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, the great helper22 said:

but it does

 

Feel free and prove it.

 

Not even mariah claimed those numbers (and god knows she's delusional and obsessed with them) or her lambs, according to the press release for her Infinity GH she is at 200m records

 

and in case you missed ONLY legit SOURCE we will ever have:

Quote

Among female artists, Mariah Carey (USA), Celine Dion (Canada) and Whitney Houston (USA, 1963-2012) all have total worldwide records sales estimated at 200 million units.

- Guinness

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Django said:

Current online singles sold at 99 cents shouldn't be counted the same way as physical Maxi-Singles at $10-20 and this is what happens with Rihanna. 

Hypocritical since most singles during the 90's were discounted so they could chart higher. And let's not act like Rihanna has not released physical singles, they were still a thing till 2009. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rihanna is the only one out of that list still selling high, she will surpass Madonna. 

-1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Jay. said:

Hypocritical since most singles during the 90's were discounted so they could chart higher. And let's not act like Rihanna has not released physical singles, they were still a thing till 2009. 

The greatest amount of millions Rihanna has sold are single songs at 99 cents. Let's not act as she sold 100 million $20 maxi singles. Even if they were discounted back in the 90s, they weren't sold at 99 cents. Let's not use deceiving tactics to pretend they sold as much as the artists in the early 00s and before. just to put an example, Madonna's Die another Day single was sold back in the day at over 25 english pounds and you had to queue to get it the day it was released at the store. Let's not compare that to buying a song for less than a dollar from your computer... 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Charmbraclet said:

lets not forget Madonnas expensive justify my love video single which went #1 for 3 weeks wendy1

it was the price of an album I believe lol1

 

 

Queen of getting those coins wendy3 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Madonna still at 300m the last 10 years

sidZy9o.gif

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Django said:

The greatest amount of millions Rihanna has sold are single songs at 99 cents. Let's not act as she sold 100 million $20 maxi singles. Even if they were discounted back in the 90s, they weren't sold at 99 cents. Let's not use deceiving tactics to pretend they sold as much as the artists in the early 00s and before. just to put an example, Madonna's Die another Day single was sold back in the day at over 25 english pounds and you had to queue to get it the day it was released at the store. Let's not compare that to buying a song for less than a dollar from your computer... 

First of all, it's $1.29. Second of all, Rihanna has sold ~4 million physical singles which is great for an artist that debuted in the DIGITAL era. Funny you didn't say it's unfair to compare albums sales because everyone and their mamas were going platinum/multiplatinum during the 80s/90s aka Madonna's peak (Erotica was considered a huge flop despite selling 6 million, which would be HUGE nowadays). Your fave released some albums in the digital era (just like Celine), so they had advantage of singles sales peak (isn't 4 Minutes her best selling song?), Rihanna didn't when it comes to albums. Plus her race is another hurdle she has to overcome.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Li'l Sebastian said:

Anyway, Guinness doesn't have Rihanna at 200m records yet

 

 

She has sold 200m records though. What are you trying to achieve with this?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

kii1 at some people here pressed at Rihanna selling so much and so fast.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Devil Pray said:

Madonna still at 300m the last 10 years

sidZy9o.gif

This. Doesn't make sense at all. eve1 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Browsing now   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.