Halsey puts up posts saying she is depressed on Tumblr

She has alot of baggage already for someone who hasn't even felt a taste of fame. She should seek therapy and take a break, turn off social media.

I don't think she's going to enjoy being famous if her solo career blows up.

We as people really need to humanise the people we're talking about and remember their feelings and be activity aware of where the line is and not to cross it.

Also posting abortion jokes and fetus pictures at her is fucking disgusting and those people should feel deeply ashamed.

49 minutes ago, Sheezus said:

We as people really need to humanise the people we're talking about and remember their feelings and be activity aware of where the line is and not to cross it.

Also posting abortion jokes and fetus pictures at her is fucking disgusting and those people should feel deeply ashamed.

all of this 

I'm really worried because she's not even close to an acceptable level of fame and she's already taking all the hate so personally.

She should quit social media or just ignore her mentions/comments. She won't be able to live if she pays attention to trolls and haters tbh.

oprah13

7 minutes ago, Scully said:

Or you know, people should just not be cunts. 

It's the internet and people WILL be cunts. As a celebrity she needs to learn to suck it up. I say this with 100% awareness that she is a human being- I give this advice to everyone.

She is an adult and needs to stop taking internet trolls seriously. I do feel for her but not when it comes to her whining towards the way the internet treats her.

She acts entitled, like other celebrities don't have to deal with their popularity. Kim Kardashian was the victim of an ARMED ROBBERY because of her fame, yet Halsey can't deal with a few internet trolls?

I really do wish Halsey the best and I hope she gets the help she needs from family, friends, and maybe a therapist. She is a talented musician and I hope she's able to get past this.

7 hours ago, NIGHTR1DΞ said:

I love Halsey, but honestly, sometimes the girl just needs to log the fuck off.

its never just that simple.

She has a ton of issues going on and she is just a human regardless of her rising fame.

and those issues are not something to joke about regardless. She may be a celebrity, but she is a human being.

I bet this is going to be turning into a 2007ney 2.0 facade soon.

And if that does happen yall will be sorry.

Have you even seen the movie Cyberbully? you should.

2 hours ago, Scully said:

Or you know, people should just not be cunts. 

When you have an outlet like tumblr to thanknfor the majority of your success, then obviously you should be careful about the information you choose to share. 

Sure its it's not nice that people are throwing things like depression, race and her endometriosis back in her face but it's all part of what she signed up for when she put herself in the limelight.   

1 hour ago, Nuclear Chicken said:

It's the internet and people WILL be cunts. As a celebrity she needs to learn to suck it up. I say this with 100% awareness that she is a human being- I give this advice to everyone.

She is an adult and needs to stop taking internet trolls seriously. I do feel for her but not when it comes to her whining towards the way the internet treats her.

She acts entitled, like other celebrities don't have to deal with their popularity. Kim Kardashian was the victim of an ARMED ROBBERY because of her fame, yet Halsey can't deal with a few internet trolls?

I really do wish Halsey the best and I hope she gets the help she needs from family, friends, and maybe a therapist. She is a talented musician and I hope she's able to get past this.

I understand that and agree, I do, but there's a line between "I don't like Halsey" and "Here's a picture of a dead fetus". This is the kind of shit she's talking about. This is about people going beyond the line of what's appropriate. People will say all kinds of nasty shit hiding behind their screens. I just wish they would think before posting. I mean...do they really want to be that kind of person who makes fun of miscarriage? They should have a little decency and don't be assholes about real, serious issues. 

1 hour ago, Scully said:

I understand that and agree, I do, but there's a line between "I don't like Halsey" and "Here's a picture of a dead fetus". This is the kind of shit she's talking about. This is about people going beyond the line of what's appropriate. People will say all kinds of nasty shit hiding behind their screens. I just wish they would think before posting. I mean...do they really want to be that kind of person who makes fun of miscarriage? They should have a little decency and don't be assholes about real, serious issues. 

I get what you're saying, but educating the Internet is really hard. Being anon empowers people's real nature, and you might find people who are really sweet and lovely and others who are mean and rude. But as a celebrity you can't expect much more than that, since there's nothing that most people love more than a celebrity breakdown or seeing how someone more sucessful than you suffers and goes through rough times. After social media people had to wait for these events to naturally happen (this is why tabloids exist), but now with social media they can create these events through bullying, leaking personal stuff from celebrities, etc.

When you don't give access to your private feelings and life, people have nothing to attack you with. We need to appreciate every time a celebrity shares something personal with us, because they know that's something that people might use to attack them. I'll use as an example my own fave, Beyoncé. She's been really private her entire life, but she's also shared personal stuff with the world (She had a miscarriage, she suffered from depression when she was younger, etc.). EVERY SINGLE THING she has shared with this world has been used to attack her or to gossip about her. Does that affect her personally? I doubt it since she doesn't use apps with a permanent flow of people talking to her as anons (Twitter/Tumblr). If someone wants to tell her something, they'd have to do it in her face or through TV (which wouldn't be a good look), eliminating the anon factor.

She should stop using social media DIRECTLY.

She could send messages to her fans through Twitter and Instagram, but let a member of her team post it for her so she doesn't have to read all the comments.

56 minutes ago, Naomi Campbell said:

She could send messages to her fans through Twitter and Instagram, but let a member of her team post it for her so she doesn't have to read all the comments.

Agreed

11 hours ago, Naomi Campbell said:

I get what you're saying, but educating the Internet is really hard. Being anon empowers people's real nature, and you might find people who are really sweet and lovely and others who are mean and rude. But as a celebrity you can't expect much more than that, since there's nothing that most people love more than a celebrity breakdown or seeing how someone more sucessful than you suffers and goes through rough times. After social media people had to wait for these events to naturally happen (this is why tabloids exist), but now with social media they can create these events through bullying, leaking personal stuff from celebrities, etc.

When you don't give access to your private feelings and life, people have nothing to attack you with. We need to appreciate every time a celebrity shares something personal with us, because they know that's something that people might use to attack them. I'll use as an example my own fave, Beyoncé. She's been really private her entire life, but she's also shared personal stuff with the world (She had a miscarriage, she suffered from depression when she was younger, etc.). EVERY SINGLE THING she has shared with this world has been used to attack her or to gossip about her. Does that affect her personally? I doubt it since she doesn't use apps with a permanent flow of people talking to her as anons (Twitter/Tumblr). If someone wants to tell her something, they'd have to do it in her face or through TV (which wouldn't be a good look), eliminating the anon factor.

I know, I'm just pointing out how wrong it is. There's normal stuff they sign up for when becoming famous ("Your music sucks", "You can't sing", etc), but they don't sign up for pictures of dead fetuses or death threats. That's beyond what's acceptable. And it's just downright wrong and disgusting. Halsey definitely doesn't deserve it no matter how much people say she's lying or is being dramatic. If you don't like it that's fine, but don't go that extra mile to become a cunt and tell her to go kill herself or whatever. 

Yeah, anonimity is a great tool, but it can definitely bring out the worst in people. 

Beyonce and Halsey are much different. Beyonce rose to fame before social media was a thing and she has attained a certain level of success and recognition throughout all these years. She's an established artist. She doesn't really need to use social media. Halsey on the other hand needs it because it was her ticket to success. She has to rely on it to keep connected with fans and to keep reminding people "hey here I am" because her name alone doesn't hold much power. I do agree with your idea that she shouldn't use it directly. It would probably be for the best for her given how she's feeling.