Darth Sidious

The rumors of a Hillary Clinton run for NYC Mayor are getting louder

7ba22eb05d56b5bcccf6461edb935115c4ee0e4e

Almost overnight, following her crushing defeat in the 2016 US Presidential Election, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was being courted to run for Mayor of New York City. 

Clinton herself, or anyone closely connected to her has yet to confirm or deny that this will take place - but a recent Quinnipiac University Poll has revealed just how she'd fair in a two way race with the former head of her Senate Campaign Committee, and incumbent New York City Mayor, Bill de Blasio. If Secretary Clinton chooses not to accept the run, de Blasio would triumph against all candidates and return as the Mayor of the country's most populated city, with an estimated population of 8.5 Million People living within the city limits. 

However, if Mrs. Clinton where to step into the ring - she would destroy de Blasio with a whopping 20 points. This is hardly surprising, considering that she just won the state over the incoming President, Donald Trump, by 23 points and New York County by 63 points. In a non-national electorate, where most of the constituents have great approval for her and in the state where she spent a decade as Senator, Clinton is almost assured the position as the country's most powerful Mayor if she chooses to run for it. 

The only comment so far comes from the head of the Center for American Progress, Nerra Tanden - who doesn't personally believe that Clinton will run for public office again. 

But with increasing radio silence from the Clinton Camp in Brooklyn on the issue, speculation is brewing and all eyes in the New York City Mayoral Race will be on Clinton and her choice. 

The Mayor of New York is up for re-election in November of this year. 

Source [1]

No thanks. I don't even live in NYC so I don't have a ton of stake in this, but her being waaay better than Trump (faint praise) doesn't not make her the egotistical opportunist that she is. She can stay under the rock she's hidden under in her humiliation. 

3 minutes ago, Breathless Mahoney said:

No thanks. I don't even live in NYC so I don't have a ton of stake in this, but her being waaay better than Trump (faint praise) doesn't not make her the egotistical opportunist that she is. She can stay under the rock she's hidden under in her humiliation. 

She's absurdly popular in New York City,

All criticisms about her aside, it would do wonders for her ego after what happened in November. 

Just now, Mom said:

She's absurdly popular in New York City,

All criticisms about her aside, it would do wonders for her ego after what happened in November. 

If she's actually interested in running for mayor of NYC, I'm certain that's by far the biggest reason.