Tasso

Madonna calls Gaga feud "absurd"

Madonna Name-Drops Lady Gaga During Brooklyn Museum Speech

Pop superstar Madonna mentioned Lady Gaga during a speech on Thursday night. The icon sat down with artist Marilyn Minter at New York City's Brooklyn Museum for a discussion in which they touched upon the media pitting celebrities, especially women, against each other.

"I've been supposedly in a fight with Lady Gaga since she was born," Madonna said. "It's absurd! They always do it."

She went on to say that she believes that women are often not as supportive of women as they should be. "I have found that throughout my career as an artist and an activist that my biggest naysayers have been women," she elaborated. "I find that astounding that other women don't support me more than they do."

source

Celebrities (and people in general) often seem to think that just because they share their gender with someone that means they'll be innately more supportive, which is not so. I don't think it's that women are less supportive of madonna but rather she expects more from them. I dunno, maybe I'm completely wrong, that's just what I got.

as for the Gaga feud, I hate the idea that they or anyone in the celebrity world are pitted against each other. I'm always glad when she or Gaga brings it up.

I don't like how she's only blaming the media for it. Of course the media blew it out of proportion but she basically started it with the "reductive" comment and was really milking it during the MDNA era. 

They both had their fair share of shady comments but I'm glad to see that they are pretty much over it. 

9 minutes ago, Nuclear Chicken said:

I don't think it's that women are less supportive of madonna but rather she expects more from them. I dunno, maybe I'm completely wrong, that's just what I got.

But it is true, she's probably referring to most memorable moment: Erotica era.

Janet Jackson is the perfect example of that, she called her 'classless' and 'flop' when her album (Throb???) was far more provocative than Erotica - she just chose safe way to sell it (safe singles and look). And instead of supporting fellow peer who was doing same thing (actually did before she launched her era) she stabbed her in the back.

Throughout her career Madonna was never supported or praised by her female peers, only younger ones are doing that now. While she always had male artists on her side, from Bowie to Prince, Lenny Kravitz, 2pac, Beastie Boys etc. She was always 'too outspoken', 'too much in your face', ''too provocative' she was always 'too much' for women, you're forgetting that she's from different era

1 minute ago, Michael. said:

ok but isn't she the one who started that feud in the first place? rip4 

1 minute ago, Tasso said:

I don't like how she's only blaming the media for it. Of course the media blew it out of proportion but she basically started it with the "reductive" comment and was really milking it during the MDNA era. 

They both had their fair share of shady comments but I'm glad to see that both are pretty much over it. 

I see someone's forgetting BTW fiasco and Gaga's comments. 

11 minutes ago, Li'l Sebastian said:

I see someone's forgetting BTW fiasco and Gaga's comments. 

let's be real for a moment eve1 While Madonna was out there calling Gaga reductive, Lady Who?, covering her song whle the back drop show little monsters blindly eating up "the things gaga copied". Gaga was quiet

Screenshot2014-03-21014038_zpsd047fdae.p

There was never a feud. Madonna felt like gaga ripped off her song, was a bit cocky, that's all. They both moved on um2

3 minutes ago, Radio said:

She lied about Madonna sending her an e-mail saying that she liked Born This Way and gave her blessing jj2 

But that's not an insult or reason to start a feud dead4 

Madonna could've just denied it or said, my team never received an email. Calling her song reductive was taking it to another extreme.

2 minutes ago, John Wayne said:

let's be real for a moment eve1 While Madonna was out there calling Gaga reductive, Lady Who?, covering her song whle the back drop show little monsters blindly eating up "the things gaga copied". Gaga was quiet

There was never a feud. Madonna felt like gaga ripped off her song, was a bit cocky, that's all. They both moved on um2

Lol, you're so full of shit. Not surprised. Gaga stayed quiet? How? By saying that Madonna has no soul? Hates younger artists and doesn't support them? That she's nothing but her sales?

Gaga deserved what she got. She LIED and she STARTED it and then credited another artist on purpose.

And Madonna's comment 'reductive' is perfect example of media pitting them against each other, because reductive wasn't word that she used to describe Gaga. And when they asked her about it they even used some of those images where they compared them.

Question: And that doesn't feel annoyed?

Madonna: It feels reductive.

REDUCTIVE: tending to present a subject or problem in a simplified form.

Both Prince and Bowie shaded Gaga too, but media never cared about that story.

Cocky is Gaga's middle name, so yeah, let's be real. eve1

It was Madonna who moved on during 2012 (and praised her on Ellen the same year), Gaga kept trashing her over the years.

30 minutes ago, Li'l Sebastian said:

Lol, you're so full of shit. Not surprised. Gaga stayed quiet? How? By saying that Madonna has no soul? Hates younger artists and doesn't support them? That she's nothing but her sales?

Gaga deserved what she got. She LIED and she STARTED it and then credited another artist on purpose.

He meant that Gaga stayed quiet at the beginning when Madonna made the reductive comment and was singing a BTW/EY mashup on her MDNA tour. Gaga only started talking about (shading) her years later.

The interview you're referring to happened in 2014. Gaga never said that Madonna hates younger artists, she said that if she was an established act she would support younger artists. Also, the Madonna has no soul comment was made by the interviewer, not her. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

now collab, whores 

I don't like how she's only blaming the media for it. Of course the media blew it out of proportion but she basically started it with the "reductive" comment and was really milking it during the MDNA

The email thing is a case of "he said, she said". Gaga said Madonna approved of the song and Madonna denied ever sending an email or whatever. We don't know what's the truth here so Madonna fans shoul

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.