Brightflower

Joanne:Album Review

Joanne:Album Review

First of all the hate directed to this album is ridiculous. It is a great album and the music is something i never payed much attention to. Much of Joanne, like Diamond Heart and John Wayne for example provides us to some country meets rock type of music, which , had it been another artist, i would have never liked or at least remebered. But Gaga, being the great artist she is did it justice. Unlike Artpop, which i was more loose in terms in lyrics and sound, Joanne actually made me realize an important side to Gaga. The production was okay too. Highlight tracks: For me, the best songs on the album were Diamond Heart, Million Reasons,John Wayne and Perfect Illusion. MR is a great song, well written and executed perfectly by Gaga. Truly, i would rank it as her number one ballad. PI is often overlooked and the GP didnt do much with it as a lead single, but i though it was a good return to former, Artpop-era Gaga. Diamond Heart and John Wayne are great jams(John Wayne really warmed up on me at her performance of it at the VFS in Paris). Also, a great point on this album were gaga's vocals. I always knew Gaga could sing well, but she, like Rihanna on Anti, really focused on developing a stronger voice which stood out to me while listening.

Vocals:A-

Production:B-

Lyrics:A-

Overall:B+

I have always liked Perfect Illusion, but hearing it on the album with the rest of the tracklist makes me appreciate it more. It's a great song and it fits Joanne so well. 

My review hasn't changed much from when I first wrote it like a week after it was released. I still like the album, but now it's easier for me to point out the best songs on the album. Diamond Heart, Million Reasons, John Wayne, Perfect Illusion and Just Another Day are my favorites. Dancing In Circles is kind of "meh" for me despite being a fan favorite. I've even started to like Sinner's Prayer despite having a strong country vibe which I disliked at first. It's just so catchy! I think she really did great with slower songs on Joanne. MR, Angle Down and Joanne are all great songs. Come To Mama seems out of place, but still a good song.