Brightflower

Anti:Album Review

Anti

I declare it. Anti is one of Riri's best works as a whole, if not her best. Upon listening to Work, the album's lead single I didnt think much of the album, saying to myself it would be just like her last seven.(By the way, Work was the best song of February 2016, seriously)I was so wrong. The album's production and vocals were outstanding. 

Now we all know vocally,RiRi isnt the queen(come on stans, you know it), but for once in her decade-long career, Rihanna took her time to make an album where not only bops can be made, but her voice would be more developed. I always said this: Rihanna's voice is nice, but she just constricts it to that medium, at time monotone voice that makes her a hit or miss in that category. In Stay, she began to sound better, but when she released Pour it up, i lost hope. Anti just proved what an artist like Rihanna can do to improve themselves. Vocal highlights include, Love on the Brain, where she sounded phenomenal both on record and live(another problem Rihanna had trouble with until now),Kiss it better and Higher. oh my gosh, i love higher. Ever since i heard it, i thought, 'Rihanna can sing'. Just the fact she tries to do a Mariah on this song makes this song good. And the cracks are to live for.

So overall the album was good. I dont stream it like i used to, but i still think it remains her best work.

Vocals:A-

Lyrics:C+

Production:B

Overall:B

GIFBin Image

2 minutes ago, the great helper22 said:

i should try that sometime. Thanks 

No problem! I always enjoy those reviews more, because I can see if we think the same thing about the same song yas2