error404

Was DW Era a Flop?

Was the Dangerous Woman era a flop? While album sales have been strong it still missed #1 and DW and Into You pretty much flopped before Bible to Bible came to the rescue. Do you think DW era will help Ari's career or not? Did it help Ariana step closer to being a main pop star or not? DISCUSS HUNTIES.

I thiink it was good for her. She gained a lot of fans with this era and as you can see in her videos (and soon on her tour) her budget has imrpoved quite a lot. She got lots of exposure and good publicity.

Also, Everyday seems to be doing good on radio so she might still get another hit single.

I don't read as much as I should, but I felt like in the beginning when Ari was calling it Moonlight - it had a totally different sound and message. But I guess when everything started to build up with her saying that she should be the main focus instead of who she's dating or possibly dating + the donut thing... She wanted to change the meaning of this album. She likes to write and sing about her life too so yeah. But I think this whole Dangerous Woman and not asking anyone for permission thing was not expected. Moonlight and Dangerous Woman as album titles are like polar opposites. When she announced that the titled was gonna be DW + the album cover - I was quite shocked and felt like it wasn't gonna be as lit as it could have been. I like it so much more now though. I can appreciate DW.

Not at all. She served some of the BEST pop music from the last few years with this album and managed to sell 1M pure worldwide in a tragic sales climate clap3 Not to mention she has added a top 20, top 10, and a top 5 single to her repertoire. It was a well needed evolution and she managed to do amazing. Here's to bigger and better things!

Nope, Ariana gained a lot of new fans this era because the album is flawless and the single choices she made have been great. Especially since Side To Side unexpectedly decided to slay us all and actually became a big hit. I'm proud of Ari tbh.

Not at all. Was it as huge as some other pop girls era's? Of course not but it was definitely not a flop. Two of her three singles reached top ten and the other reached top 15. The album went platinum after half a year. Her tour is nearly sold out. She's killing the game right now.

Not at all, it just wasn't a HUGE success. She added a top 10, top 15, and top 5 hit to her already impressive collection of hits and sold 1 million pure copies of her album in this horrible sales climate. It's also a pretty popular opinion that it's her best album yet, so I think it was a success. I feel like her next era will be bigger if she plays her cards right.

Are you kidding?! A flop?! Hell no.

Ari had her best album to date and is about to embark on an incredible tour. She upped her music video game and her career went to a whole new level with DW. The album went to #2 and she's released four singles, something my other fave pop girls this era haven't been able to do. She didn't get a #1, but that doesn't mean that this era wasn't a huge success, especially compared to Gaga and Brit. 

The era started off shaky, but it only got better from there instead of getting worse. Most of our faves aren't able to pull that off.