Day 1: Trump breaks 34 out of 36 first day promises

1*ZGIwKr0LLcBfWu6nAzt9Mg.jpeg

Before being inaugurated president on Friday, Donald Trump promised many things (663, to be exact). Many of those promises are things he said would be done on his first day in office. According to a ThinkProgress analysis of Trump’s public statements, 36 of them, he said, would be done or start on his first day.

Now, 24 hours after Trump took the Oath of Office, he can safely say he kept two of those promises, and broke or ignored 34.

Then-candidate Trump made several pledges about the first paper he would sign, as well as what would he would do his first minute and first hour as president. He kept none of them.

“These international gangs of thugs and drug cartels will be, I promise you from the first day in office, the first thing I’m going to do, the first piece of paper I’m going to sign is we are going to get rid of these people day one,” Trump said on the campaign trail in August 2016. In October 2015, Trump said about Obama’s immigration deferred action executive action initiatives, “the first minute in office I will countersign and revoke those executive orders.” He vowed to move 2 million “criminal aliens” out of the country “my first hour in office,” in August 2016. The following month, Trump saidhe would “give a mandate to everybody, including the local police,” to get the “bad ones” out of the country, also in the first hour.

Trump made a lot of promises about what he will do as president. We’ve documented 663 of them.
The people who elected Trump expect him to come through.thinkprogress.org

Trump’s first bills and executive orders, signed in the Capitol minutes after being inaugurated, focused on none of these things. He officially nominated members of his cabinet, proclaimed a “National Day of Patriotism,” and waived a legal requirement that retired Gen. James Mattis be out of the military for seven years before taking over civilian leadership at the Pentagon. Trump’s administration also quickly revoked a cut in fee rates for federally-backed mortgages, something that was both unexpected and not anything he promised or spoke about before taking office.

Source

The reporter is acting like anything Trump says is possible. For instance, did they really think this could happen in a lifetime, let alone day one:

These international gangs of thugs and drug cartels will be, I promise you from the first day in office, the first thing I’m going to do, the first piece of paper I’m going to sign is we are going to get rid of these people day one