Dennis Reynolds

2017 Razzie Award Nominations List

Yawn. Same as every other year, they go for disappointing high-profile flops over truly bad movies. This year seemingly more than ever. 

WORST PICTURE 
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 
Dirty Grandpa 
Gods of Egypt 
Hillary’s America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party 
Independence Day: Resurgence 
Zoolander No. 2 

WORST ACTOR 
Ben Affleck / Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 
Gerard Butler / Gods of Egypt & London Has Fallen 
Henry Cavill / Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 
Robert de Niro / Dirty Grandpa 
Dinesh D’Souza [as Himself] / Hillary’s America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party 
Ben Stiller / Zoolander No. 2 

WORST ACTRESS 
Megan Fox / Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows 
Tyler Perry / BOO! A Medea Halloween 
Julia Roberts / Mother’s Day 
Becky Turner [as Hillary Clinton] / Hillary’s America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party 
Naomi Watts / Divergent Series: Allegiant & Shut-In 
Shailene Woodley / Divergent Series: Allegiant 

WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS 
Julianne Hough / Dirty Grandpa 
Kate Hudson / Mother’s Day 
Aubrey Plaza / Dirty Grandpa 
Jane Seymour / Fifty Shades of Black 
Sela Ward / Independence Day: Resurgence 
Kristen Wiig / Zoolander No. 2 

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR 
Nicolas Cage / Snowden 
Johnny Depp / Alice Through the Looking Glass 
Will Ferrell / Zoolander No. 2 
Jesse Eisenberg / Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 
Jared Leto / Suicide Squad 
Owen Wilson / Zoolander No. 2 

WORST SCREEN COMBO 
Ben Affleck & His BFF (Baddest Foe Forever) Henry Cavill / Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 
Any 2 Egyptian Gods or Mortals / Gods of Egypt 
Johnny Depp & His Vomitously Vibrant Costume / Alice Through the Looking Glass 
The Entire Cast of Once Respected Actors / Collateral Beauty 
Tyler Perry & That Same Old Worn Out Wig / BOO! A Medea Halloween 
Ben Stiller and His BFF (Barely Funny Friend) Owen Wilson / Zoolander No. 2 

WORST DIRECTOR 
Dinesh D’Souza and Bruce Schooley / Hillary’s America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party 
Roland Emmerich / Independence Day: Resurgence 
Tyler Perry / BOO! A Medea Halloween 
Alex Proyas / Gods of Egypt 
Zack Snyder / Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 
Ben Stiller / Zoolander No. 2 

WORST PREQUEL, REMAKE, RIP-OFF or SEQUEL 
Alice Through the Looking Glass 
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice: Dawn of Justice 
Fifty Shades of Black 
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows 
Zoolander No. 2 

WORST SCREENPLAY 
Dirty Grandpa 
Gods of Egypt 
Hillary’s America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party 
Suicide Squad

19 minutes ago, Breathless Mahoney said:

Ben Affleck / Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Henry Cavill / Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 

Jesse Eisenberg / Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 

Jared Leto / Suicide Squad 

Ben Affleck & His BFF (Baddest Foe Forever) Henry Cavill / Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 

Zack Snyder / Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 

Suicide Squad

OMGGGG THE ACTUAL MESS OF THIS. I bet Marvel stans are creaming themselves right now. I can't. fall7 

I'm really not a fan of the DCEU or Gal Gadot to be honest, but I hope to god that Wonder Woman doesn't get critically panned like this. Who knows how long it'll be until the next superheroine movie if it gets received like this? All we have right now are her, Supergirl, and Captain Marvel.

Spoiler

I'm so here for the D'nesh, Jared, Gods of Whitewash, and Johnny draggings though. wub1

Also, let's be real, this list is invalid without a few Fantastic Beasts nominations. When was the deadline?

1 hour ago, Tiny Little Bows said:

OMGGGG THE ACTUAL MESS OF THIS. I bet Marvel stans are creaming themselves right now. I can't. fall7 

I'm really not a fan of the DCEU or Gal Gadot to be honest, but I hope to god that Wonder Woman doesn't get critically panned like this. Who knows how long it'll be until the next superheroine movie if it gets received like this? All we have right now are her, Supergirl, and Captain Marvel.

Reveal hidden contents

I'm so here for the D'nesh, Jared, Gods of Whitewash, and Johnny draggings though. wub1

Also, let's be real, this list is invalid without a few Fantastic Beasts nominations. When was the deadline?

both movies were easily some of the worst reviewed of the year, especially Batman V Superman which I still see people saying bad things about on a daily basis, so I'm not surprised at all jj5 

I love how they're pandering to some obese crocks of shit that can't stop posting about BvS to THIS day, while Affleck was great in it regardless of the quality of the movie, so was Eisenberg. Let's say it is shit, have they heard about great acting in abysmal movies? Gary Oldman's rollercoaster output is filled with crazy films where he performs excellently. Razzies used to be funny, now they're the Epic Movie of awards and don't even get it due to the lack of self-awareness rip2 Lighten up, stop taking yourself so seriously, smoke a doobie, relax, stop being a cunt hottie1

10 hours ago, Tiny Little Bows said:

You will fucking not shade Fantastic Gods and Where To Pray To Them, or I'll drag you to the oval room and let Trump remove your wig in whatever way he wants to rav1 

2 minutes ago, Justas said:

You will fucking not shade Fantastic Gods and Where To Pray To Them, or I'll drag you to the oval room and let Trump remove your wig in whatever way he wants to rav1 

I run the Harry Potter book club here so I'm not even being shady, just realistic. It was still better than I thought it would be, but Johnny at least deserves a(nother, lmao) nomination for tainting my fave fictional universe with that godawful performance tbh. rav2

8 hours ago, TattooedHeart said:

both movies were easily some of the worst reviewed of the year, especially Batman V Superman which I still see people saying bad things about on a daily basis, so I'm not surprised at all jj5 

I'm not surprised either, I frequent Rotten Tomatoes daily. I just thought the amount of nominations was...amusing. xtina4

4 minutes ago, Tiny Little Bows said:

I run the Harry Potter book club here so I'm not even being shady, just realistic. It was still better than I thought it would be, but Johnny at least deserves a(nother, lmao) nomination for tainting my fave fictional universe with that godawful performance tbh. rav2

That I can agree with. He really lost it and just stars in terrible movies all around, and while he did only appear for like 20 seconds, I immediately got disappointed when I saw his face rav1 

Just now, Justas said:

That I can agree with. He really lost it and just stars in terrible movies all around, and while he did only appear for like 20 seconds, I immediately got disappointed when I saw his face rav1 

I boycott Johnny's movies because of what he did to Amber Heard, and I thought he would only be in the sequels (which I planned to watch for free somehow, or just completely peace out on the series depending on the reviews). I avoided spoilers for the movie, so once he appeared in the first one too I was so mad at myself for inadvertently giving him my money. giveup1

2 minutes ago, Tiny Little Bows said:

I boycott Johnny's movies because of what he did to Amber Heard, and I thought he would only be in the sequels (which I planned to watch for free somehow, or just completely peace out on the series depending on the reviews). I avoided spoilers for the movie, so once he appeared in the first one too I was so mad at myself for inadvertently giving him my money. giveup1

I understand, he really took a dive downhill over the past few years. Oh well, guess I'll torrent the sequels then kii1