Dennis Reynolds

2017 Oscar Award Nominations List

1 minute ago, blankdreams. said:

oh, so you're more of an artsy film fan moo1 I think Slumdog Millionaire is great, I didn't watch James Franco stuck in mountains either and I was bored 30 minutes into the DiCaprio movie, people say it gets crazy after that 30 minutes but couldn't wait longer.

I saw Brooklyn, it was okay but wouldn't rewatch it. And I loooooooooove Grand Budapest Hotel!

5 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

oh honey nobody did

Ke12q61.gif

But I just went into college when it snatched those Oscars and everyone was like "OMG Slumdog" and although I watched all iconic Boyle movies like Shallow Grave, Transslaying, 28 Slays Later, and I loved the less iconic The Beach, I still wasn't interested and felt like those people didn't even know other movies of his and thought he was Indian or something, lol. I'm also a big fan of horror and science fiction movies, but those 90-year old freaks in the jury think science isn't real trump tea, and spaceship setting isn't realistic, despite at least 6 people being in space any given moment um2 I see now they nom'd some space movies, and Gravity won something back then, I think. Horror is still paid dust, and movies that do NOT interest me win everything. They're always about Tom Hanks playing Tom Hanks in some drama bullshit trash1 Or it's  propaganda Iraq movies (I hear in the 80s there was same exact shit with Vietnam movies winning, like Apocalypse Now) trash1

7 hours ago, QUINN said:

La La Land is a masterpiece and deserves most of these noms, but if they block Lin Manuel Miranda from his EGOT i will SEEEETHE

what is it even about? im curious now interesting1

not finding dory getting snubbed ny12 

I love Meryl but Amy Adams should have gotten that 5th Best Actress slot.

Not sure who will win re Moana vs Zootopia. The consensus is that Zootopia should win, but the Academy tends to reward more rote classic stories, of which Moana is a good example while also being the type of multicultural entertainment they pretend to support. I may be wrong, but they genuinely don't go for innovation in that category (see: Pixar's Brave winning, Lego Movie not being nominated, etc).

Posted from my iPhone using the FOTP app