SeekingThrill

Cyndi Lauper not impressed with Madonna’s Women’s March speech

CyndiLauper was asked what she thought about Madonna’s Women’s March speech when she was a guest on Andy Cohen’s “Watch What Happens Live”.

She was glad Madonna went, but wasn’t really impressed.

Here’s a full transcript…

"I was glad that she went. I think it happens a lot when you are really jacked up, feeling your emotions. I don’t think it served our purpose because anger is not better than clarity and humanity. That’s what opens people’s minds. If you want to change people’s minds you have to share your real story, like Scarlett Johansson. She shared her story. It was clear and it was eloquent. Yelling doesn’t. It just jacks people up but it doesn’t communicate any kind of humanity or any kind of story that would open another person’s mind."

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2017/01/27/cyndi-lauper-not-impressed-with-madonnas-womens-march-speech/

100% accurate. It's very odd to see people who supposedly oppose Trump's style of talking and dividing, using that same kind of language and attitude to oppose him brit12

The narrative should change. Trump got elected, the end. Democrats failed. Why did we fail? What did we do wrong? What did Democratic powers do wrong? What can we do now that we lost? How do we work on spreading our values in this environment? This childish "omg I didn't get my way so I'm gonna dehumanize and call out everyone who didn't do what I wanted" style is exactly what Trump excels at and it's only gonna make the situation worse dead7 I'm still very surprised Madonna of all people doesn't understand that. She made some very beautiful and nuanced statements in the past, now she's content being any uninformed shouting social media twat.

10 minutes ago, Earth Ripper said:

Trump got elected, the end. Democrats failed. Why did we fail? What did we do wrong? What did Democratic powers do wrong? What can we do now that we lost? How do we work on spreading our values in this environment? T

But to be fair Hillary was the first president to get the Majority of the votes but still lose rip2 

1 minute ago, ♚Missy♚ said:

But to be fair Hillary was the first president to get the Majority of the votes but still lose rip2 

But to be fair, if Hillary had won the way Trump did, it would be the Trump supporters who would be saying that exact same thing, and it would be the Democrats who would be reminding them that this is just how America works and they can go suck a dick brit0

Just now, Earth Ripper said:

But to be fair, if Hillary had won the way Trump did, it would be the Trump supporters who would be saying that exact same thing, and it would be the Democrats who would be reminding them that this is just how America works and they can go suck a dick brit0

But that never would of happened because Trump never would of received the popular votes based on his gross views and reputation dead7 

I think the Dems will always be right in any situation because Republican candidates are just vile creatures, not excusing anything Hillary has done wrong but generally Republicans' policies are hate fueled dead7 

Just now, ♚Missy♚ said:

But that never would of happened because Trump never would of received the popular votes based on his gross views and reputation dead7

So we're now gonna throw correctness out of the window just to be hypocritical whiners? I'm not interested in that brit12 There's a thing called principles, you know.

2 minutes ago, ♚Missy♚ said:

I think the Dems will always be right in any situation because Republican candidates are just vile creatures, not excusing anything Hillary has done wrong but generally Republicans' policies are hate fueled dead7 

Even if I would agree with that, that still wouldn't excuse Madonna's, ironically, hate fueled speech ayumi1 That was exactly Cyndi's point, and mine. Fighting back the hate fueled Republicans with hate fueled Democratic politics is turning into our stereotype of Republicans, not advancing our own imagined values.

Uh.... being nice and PC lost us the election frankly.  As a Democrat, sometimes we need to take the gloves off and call a spade a spade, and a liar a fucking liar.   I think Bill Maher made a good point this week by pointing out how Democrats need to stop being hung up not hurting people's feelings.  

Can we at least all agree that both Trump and Hillary are vile creatures?

Even if we could, would that mean they're both equally vile? That one really wasn't preferable to the other? I see your point, but plenty of people made their peace with H to vote for her because the alternatives to her winning were infinitely worse than her being the President.

Yes the system is fucked and politicians are evil (water is wet) but Trump and H were not, are not conflatable. H had many populist Left figures who would have been far more effective keeping her in check than they have a prayer of being in the face of the Orange Abomination.

Posted from my iPhone using the FOTP app
3 hours ago, Salvatore said:

No we cannot. rav2 

24 minutes ago, Satori said:

Even if we could, would that mean they're both equally vile? That one really wasn't preferable to the other? I see your point, but plenty of people made their peace with H to vote for her because the alternatives to her winning were infinitely worse than her being the President.

Yes the system is fucked and politicians are evil (water is wet) but Trump and H were not, are not conflatable. H had many populist Left figures who would have been far more effective keeping her in check than they have a prayer of being in the face of the Orange Abomination.

I don't know how many of you experienced this, but when i was 7 we were bombed by US [Hillary Clinton], and i remember that time very good. Being home alone with my 9yo sister because parents had to go to work, and bomb falling in my block because they were trying to hit heating plant, breaking our windows and leaving us terrified. Traffic being dead, phones being dead and my parents trying to get home.

So in my books she's much worse than Trump. But that's just my opinion i guess.

Sorry i got little emotional.

I don't know how many of you experienced this, but when i was 7 we were bombed by US [Hillary Clinton], and i remember that time very good. Being home alone with my 9yo sister because parents had to go to work, and bomb falling in my block because they were trying to hit heating plant, breaking our windows and leaving us terrified. Traffic being dead, phones being dead and my parents trying to get home.

So in my books she's much worse than Trump. But that's just my opinion i guess.

Sorry i got little emotional.

I'm assuming H was involved in what you're describing as First Lady or Secretary of State, but in neither role could she have had the influence to be synonymous with the US to the extent that she could be single-handedly blamed. Her husband, W., or Obama would carry that responsibility, as respective Commanders in Chief of their administrations, if it's ethical to blame the actions of a county on one individual.

That being said, I have to say that I am 100% anti-war, and I know my words are irrelevant, but if I could atone for the horrendous actions of my country's imperialistic war-mongering, I would. There is no excuse or justification for what you went through, and I am deeply sorry if my opinion elicited memories of it. I could prattle on about how much I hate the US, it's history, and it's culture, but that won't change anything. All I can do is work to be a globally-minded, ethical, compassionate citizen of the planet.

Lastly, while I respect your opinion and definitely your experiences as something that are not mine, and that certainly can lead you to a different opinion and view of H and of the US, Trump is still worse to me. He incites global conflict intentionally and carelessly, without even the suggestion of attaining a greater good, simply because he's too moronic, selfish, and delusional to care or notice the consequences of his influence. In my book, given the nature of the movement he has given voice to, he is on the way to being as culpable as any of history's most infamous dictators. Nothing someone else did will change that judgment of him. Only he can change it, and it's clear that's not going to happen.

1 hour ago, Satori said:

I'm assuming H was involved in what you're describing as First Lady or Secretary of State, but in neither role could she have had the influence to be synonymous with the US to the extent that she could be single-handedly blamed. Her husband, W., or Obama would carry that responsibility, as respective Commanders in Chief of their administrations, if it's ethical to blame the actions of a county on one individual.

That being said, I have to say that I am 100% anti-war, and I know my words are irrelevant, but if I could atone for the horrendous actions of my country's imperialistic war-mongering, I would. There is no excuse or justification for what you went through, and I am deeply sorry if my opinion elicited memories of it. I could prattle on about how much I hate the US, it's history, and it's culture, but that won't change anything. All I can do is work to be a globally-minded, ethical, compassionate citizen of the planet.

Lastly, while I respect your opinion and definitely your experiences as something that are not mine, and that certainly can lead you to a different opinion and view of H and of the US, Trump is still worse to me. He incites global conflict intentionally and carelessly, without even the suggestion of attaining a greater good, simply because he's too moronic, selfish, and delusional to care or notice the consequences of his influence. In my book, given the nature of the movement he has given voice to, he is on the way to being as culpable as any of history's most infamous dictators. Nothing someone else did will change that judgment of him. Only he can change it, and it's clear that's not going to happen.

Yes, it was no secret that she urged Bill, Hillary hates Serbia.

http://www.telesurtv.net/english/opinion/Are-the-Clintons-Serbias-Most-Hated-Couple-20160324-0007.html