Dennis Reynolds

IMDb message boards are shutting down

IMPORTANT: IMDb is the world’s most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV and celebrity content. As part of our ongoing effort to continually evaluate and enhance the customer experience on IMDb, we have decided to disable IMDb’s message boards on February 20, 2017. This includes the Private Message system. After in-depth discussion and examination, we have concluded that IMDb’s message boards are no longer providing a positive, useful experience for the vast majority of our more than 250 million monthly users worldwide. The decision to retire a long-standing feature was made only after careful consideration and was based on data and traffic. See more

I've been posting on there for five years. This kinda stings.

12 minutes ago, Onika said:

Invite all your friends from the IMDb message boards here jj2 

You don't want this giveup2

Those forums are the worst message boards ever (according to me dot com). Really sick vibe, really backwards people.

Fucked up enough, my daddy-ish person I only communicate through IMDb message boards, so I sent him a message of sharing other means of communication giveup1

33 minutes ago, Onika said:

Invite all your friends from the IMDb message boards here jj2 

THE FUCKING THIRST!

Note: This guy right here was one of the "trolls" from IMDb... orangu1 Like...what we consider trolls here is nothing against the trolls from there. Credit for this story goes to @Breathless Mahoney

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joshua_Ryne_Goldberg

12 minutes ago, Salvatore said:

THE FUCKING THIRST!

Note: This guy right here was one of the "trolls" from IMDb... orangu1 Like...what we consider trolls here is nothing against the trolls from there. Credit for this story goes to @Breathless Mahoney

Why is this guy filed under 'troll' when he's an extremist.

On 2/3/2017 at 1:10 PM, Cruella de Vil said:

THE FUCKING THIRST!

I wanted to bring another guy up back when I first posted this, but I couldn't remember his name - it finally came to me, Luka Magnotta used to post on the main IMDb forums as well, although he was gone before I arrived orangu1 Google him @Onika @Tiny Little Bows @Dash My Wig

33 minutes ago, Breathless Mahoney said:

I wanted to bring another guy up back when I first posted this, but I couldn't remember his name - it finally came to me, Luka Magnotta used to post on the main IMDb forums as well, although he was gone before I arrived orangu1 Google him @Onika @Tiny Little Bows @Dash My Wig

Holy shit...his Wikipedia page. orangu1

9 minutes ago, Breathless Mahoney said:

A lot of the users of IMDb's Film General forum have migrated there, but I haven't as I really dislike the layout, and I lack confidence in some of the moderators...

It took me a while to get used to but I love it now! I hope you find salvage there. I used to read the IMDB boards so much. Especially if it was a show or movie I hated ny5

1 hour ago, Breathless Mahoney said:

jj4 HOW THE FUCK DID THAT FORUM ATTRACT SUCH MESSY PEOPLE?

dead4 of course he was a Madonna fan. jj3jj4 

2 hours ago, Breathless Mahoney said:

I coulda met Luka Magnotta back in 2001, i said no to it. Weird story i was hanging with some of his friends from Lindsay, ON, when i lived there back then.