LÉON

Who shouldn't release albums?

1 minute ago, Salvatore said:

They're meant to be ironic. It's a drag. fall2 

I know, but it would work better coming from artist who doesn't already sound pretentious and (sometimes) try-hard. 

Just now, Satori said:

No.... I can MAYBE see why on title track, but not BB and The Other Woman is lovely.

Posted from my iPad using the FOTP app

TOW is such a let-down after OM. OM should have closed the album. 

1 minute ago, Satori said:

That album was appalling. After LAMB I bought it as a blind buy and was so fucking annoyed. Total waste.

Posted from my iPad using the FOTP app

Same, also because Early Winter snatched my toupee, but that's the only song I bother listening to from it other than Wonderful Life. What even is Orange County Girl ari1 

1 minute ago, Dash My Wig said:

You puking into a bucket would still have been better than Glory wat1 

Thank you for the compliment oprah4 I'll release my album after my debut performance at the Grammy's

8 minutes ago, Royalty said:

Thank you for the compliment oprah4 I'll release my album after my debut performance at the Grammy's

Maybe with a cover of Swine?

Just now, Dash My Wig said:

Maybe with a cover of Swine?

It occured to me, I'm getting a tattoo of a pig on my belly to announce it 

Most pop singers, especially ones who debuted this decade, would probably benefit more from just releasing singles or even EPs instead of having the label invest money into a whole album that most of their listeners will just stream for free. 

It wouldn't be a totally bad thing, fiscally speaking, if the album format is cut out completely for pop singers. It doesn't work for them anymore unless they make it worth your while. They'd have to think beyond just their radio singles but I recognize that that isn't for everyone. 

Edited by Chantoya Jo Jackson
Added stuff...
16 minutes ago, Chantoya Jo Jackson said:

Most pop singers, especially ones who debuted this decade, would probably benefit more from just releasing singles or even EPs instead of having the label invest money into a whole album that most of their listeners will just stream for free. 

It wouldn't be a totally bad thing, fiscally speaking, if the album format is cut out completely for pop singers. It doesn't work for them anymore unless they make it worth your while. They'd have to think beyond just their radio singles but I recognize that that isn't for everyone. 

Agree. Albums are pretty irrelevant these days and really musicians should have been making albums full of potential hits in the first place.

7 minutes ago, Dash My Wig said:

Agree. Albums are pretty irrelevant these days and really musicians should have been making albums full of potential hits in the first place.

Well, I wouldn't say that much because it does still work for and benefit some acts in other genres and acts that utilize the format to it's full potential, especially if they have loyal fanbases that are made up of completists and vinyl collectors.

I'm on the fence with the second part of your post. Some artists can't possibly make everything for the radio and others absolutely should try because they aren't capable of avoiding filler otherwise. 

Same, also because Early Winter snatched my toupee, but that's the only song I bother listening to from it other than Wonderful Life. What even is Orange County Girl ari1 

EW is great. The "Cool" of that album.

Such a fall from grace when you compare the whole thing to LAMB though. I remember everyone calling her the new Madonna and all this other chatter and then that album came out and I heard crickets instead.

I miss peak No Doubt way more than solo Gwen tho tbh.

Posted from my iPhone using the FOTP app
20 hours ago, Satori said:

EW is great. The "Cool" of that album.

Such a fall from grace when you compare the whole thing to LAMB though. I remember everyone calling her the new Madonna and all this other chatter and then that album came out and I heard crickets instead.

I miss peak No Doubt way more than solo Gwen tho tbh.

Posted from my iPhone using the FOTP app

True tea throughout, except I preferred solo Gwen to No Doubt, although It's My Life is a BOP cry6 

Just now, Dash My Wig said:

True tea throughout, except I preferred solo Gwen to No Doubt, although It's My Life is a BOP cry6 

No Doubt's greatest hits record just about saved my life.  So many amazing songs.

LAMB was superb in a very different way.  Love em both.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Madonna has had amazing albums tho. The fact that her last 2 were hit or miss doesnt invalidate all her previous work  

Actually's Selena's last album was full of bops and quality

99.9% of the DJ's

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.