#9 - New Zealand

#10 - Ireland

#12 - Sweden

#20 - Germany

#24 - Netherlands

#26 - Mexico

#29 - Italy

#47 - Belgium

I'm not gonna make a post about this because everyone seems pretty keen about discrediting katy right now and I don't have the energy for a flame war, but it looks like katy broke another Spotify record for most first-week streams for a female artist:

Spotify Global:

#6 Chained To The Rhythm (=) 

Daily plays: +2.998.039
(19.137.248 total plays)

The former female record holder was Adele with 18.7+ million streams of Hello, according to Billboard:

HZTkPeL.jpg

Take it with a grain of salt!

50 minutes ago, QUINN said:

I'm not gonna make a post about this because everyone seems pretty keen about discrediting katy right now and I don't have the energy for a flame war, but it looks like katy broke another Spotify record for most first-week streams for a female artist:

Spotify Global:

#6 Chained To The Rhythm (=) 

Daily plays: +2.998.039
(19.137.248 total plays)

The former female record holder was Adele with 18.7+ million streams of Hello, according to Billboard:

HZTkPeL.jpg

Take it with a grain of salt!

Gurl flaunt about our Queen's success I'm ready to snatch some weaves if they come for her. hay1

2 minutes ago, Witness said:

Gurl flaunt about our Queen's success I'm ready to snatch some weaves if they come for her. hay1

Feel free to make the post yourself! When I made the post about her first-day record the pitchforks were out.

5 minutes ago, Witness said:

They're so quick to discredit her ew2

I'll make it in a bit since Im on the trolley rn dead4 

I know cry9 I'm just already tired of running defense for her around here and I'm trying to ENJOY this era, hahaha.

First week records for CTTR:

- Most spins (plays) in the US Radio for a female artist in 24 hours (+3,100)

- Most watched lyric video for a female artist in 24 hours (6M views)

- Most played song on Spotify in a day for a female artist (3.06M streams. Prev record was 3.02)

- Most played song on Spotify in its first week for a female artist (19.1M streams. Prev record was 18.7)

5 minutes ago, Jony said:

7.3m streams in the US (doesn't include Youtube & Pandora so total must be 10+) cry6

12 KATY PERRY
CHAINED TO THE RHYTHM
CAPITOL 7,335,774 --

http://hitsdailydouble.com/streaming_songs

How do YouTube numbers factor into streaming? Is it 1:1? Because the video is over 20m for the week.

edit: forgot that this is a regional total fall8 

1 minute ago, QUINN said:

How do YouTube numbers factor into streaming? Is it 1:1? Because the video is over 20m for the week.

edit: forgot that this is a regional total fall8 

Yes 1:1, just checked Youtube charts and it had 3.2m in the US up to Wednesday, so I guess the total for the week will be around 4m (Grammy performance included). So around 11.3m plus Pandora!

5 minutes ago, Jony said:

Yes 1:1, just checked Youtube charts and it had 3.2m in the US up to Wednesday, so I guess the total for the week will be around 4m (Grammy performance included). So around 11.3m plus Pandora!

gaga13 

Ngl, the U.K. number is disappointing if that's just sales. I'd expect a big smash single kicking off a new era to be looking for around 100k first week even in the era of streaming. But with streaming counting big on the U.K chart now things are pretty stagnant so she can hang in there for a while and hope to push it up with more radio exposure (though radio play doesn't factor into our chart) and a hyped performance at The Brits.

16 minutes ago, FMKK said:

Ngl, the U.K. number is disappointing if that's just sales. I'd expect a big smash single kicking off a new era to be looking for around 100k first week even in the era of streaming. But with streaming counting big on the U.K chart now things are pretty stagnant so she can hang in there for a while and hope to push it up with more radio exposure (though radio play doesn't factor into our chart) and a hyped performance at The Brits.

She's doing morning radio shows in the U.K. next week before the Brits. Should push radio promo a bit.