♚Missy♚

Theories on why it's named 'Chained To The Rythm'?

I think - per her social justice tweets - the record will be a very political driven song, Black Lives Matter-esque, "Chained" like Slaves and "To the Rythm" because Slaves were often credited with creating many musical styles, dances, and were innovative in the development of a few genres, because of how integral dance and music was to Black Slaves' lifestyles. 

Because of this maybe it's more of a reggae, dancehall, hip hop record?

Black slaves are often associated with Dance and Music "Rythm", this is where I think the "Chained" part comes from. Because they are literally chained to it - slaves with chains around their feet and wrists.

Also Skip Marley as a feature also tells us it could be political because a lot of Skips songs focus around black rights, social issues, politics - he's Bob Marley's grandson.

His latest single which is an anthem about Black Rights:

Spoiler

Anyone else have an idea on what the title means? 

I have a theory oprah11

A while back she posted that Insta story of the hamster wheel saying it was like the music video for the lead single. If that's the case, I believe Chained To The Rhythm will be about being stuck in a cycle and being a slave to life's norms (aka running in place on a hamster wheel). If this is the case, I think we're in for a bop that simultaneously makes you think.