Slasher

Today in 1987: Open Your Heart was #1 on the Hot 100!

I had a revelation recently. I think Open Your Heart is Madonna's best song ever. It is exactly how Madonna was supposed to sound. All the previous songs led her to Open Your Heart. Even though she reinvents her sounds every 2-3 albums, this song is what the classic Madonna represented, how she sounded, and what people expected from her. Amazing instrumentation, bittersweet lyrics vs upbeat rhythm - it's a fantastic song.

12 minutes ago, Vertigo-go said:

And I thoght that was a shade meaning the song is old as balls fall5

Nah, I low-key stan Madonna and I'm sure you've seen that drag a million times in Battlegrounds, so there's no need for me to partake in that. jj2 

17 minutes ago, Vertigo-go said:

I had a revelation recently. I think Open Your Heart is Madonna's best song ever. It is exactly how Madonna was supposed to sound. All the previous songs led her to Open Your Heart. Even though she reinvents her sounds every 2-3 albums, this song is what the classic Madonna represented, how she sounded, and what people expected from her. Amazing instrumentation, bittersweet lyrics vs upbeat rhythm - it's a fantastic song.

For me, it's a bit too basic (the production, the lyrics, the sentiment), but the True Blue era really was when she blossomed as an artist, rather than just being a pop singer. 

5 minutes ago, Dash My Wig said:

For me, it's a bit too basic (the production, the lyrics, the sentiment), but the True Blue era really was when she blossomed as an artist, rather than just being a pop singer. 

Yeah, but originally Madonna was all about "basic" sentiment. I think this is why some people aren't about albums like Erotica and AL. They miss her classic days.

Just now, Vertigo-go said:

Yeah, but originally Madonna was all about "basic" sentiment. I think this is why some people aren't about albums like Erotica and AL. They miss her classic days.

True. Borderline might be my favourite song by ha, and that's probably even more basic than OYH, but it feels like vintage Madge. Also why people aren't here for modern Madge, as it's too overtly sexual, rather than the innocence of her earlier material (girl.mp3) 

1 minute ago, Dash My Wig said:

True. Borderline might be my favourite song by ha, and that's probably even more basic than OYH, but it feels like vintage Madge. Also why people aren't here for modern Madge, as it's too overtly sexual, rather than the innocence of her earlier material (girl.mp3) 

She denies it, but she's really Gretchen-level of try-hard these days moo1 In Erotica days she was a sex beast, that was the point. But now she's like "Look at my tits y'all, I still got the it factor" fall5

3 minutes ago, Vertigo-go said:

She denies it, but she's really Gretchen-level of try-hard these days moo1 In Erotica days she was a sex beast, that was the point. But now she's like "Look at my tits y'all, I still got the it factor" fall5

What happened to tits-as-a-talking-point Madonna? cry6 She needs a reinvention. Maybe a... jazz album? 

2 minutes ago, Vertigo-go said:

Are there guys left with the same age gap G and Tony have orly1

He's supposed to be about 105 rip2

Well, not with the same age gap between them and Madonna, no rip2 

Just now, Dash My Wig said:

Well, not with the same age gap between them and Madonna, no rip2 

Cher then. A cover with them sitting cheekfiller to cheekfiller.

BG moment: I always thought Hard Candy era-born cheekfillers were the worst thing she's ever done. Now they look even more bizarre, like two rocks under her skin rip3

1 minute ago, Vertigo-go said:

Cher then. A cover with them sitting cheekfiller to cheekfiller.

BG moment: I always thought Hard Candy era-born cheekfillers were the worst thing she's ever done. Now they look even more bizarre, like two rocks under her skin rip3

rip4 at cheekfiller to cheekfiller. 

Her face is far too pinched these days because of cheeks. Jocelyn Wildenstein teas. 

I think that you're afraid to look in my eyes, Oh baby
You look a little sad boy, I wonder why
I follow you around but you can't see
You're too wrapped up in yourself to notice
So you choose to look the other way
Well, I've got something to say
Don't try to run
I can keep up with you
Nothing can stop me from trying
You've got to
Open your heart to me, baby

cry9