Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Hermione

Dixie Chicks

2 minutes ago, Tiny Little Bows said:

THAT'S LITERALLY ONE OF MY FAVORITE SONGS shock1

People judge them for being country but they actually slay. They aren't hillbilly white trash at all. rip4

OMG I WAS SHOOK AT THE LYRICS BEING SO GOOD cry9

yes yes i did give them a chance after your Dixie Chicks post wendy1 But when I played them anywhere my friends would go "whew you've turned into american or what?" and idk i slowly stopped playing them rip3

9 minutes ago, #Music said:

OMG I WAS SHOOK AT THE LYRICS BEING SO GOOD cry9

yes yes i did give them a chance after your Dixie Chicks post wendy1 But when I played them anywhere my friends would go "whew you've turned into american or what?" and idk i slowly stopped playing them rip3

Their lyrics were so #relatable to me when I graduated high school, bought a car, and started working/going to college, because I live in a small town that feels kind of backwards at times and I finally got to go out and see the world. Wide Open Spaces, Long Time Gone, and The Long Way Around are literally ripped from my diary. cry9

2 hours ago, Ginger Spice said:

I went to see them in concert back in August. They're awesome.

I'm so jealous! cry6

1 hour ago, Jae said:

Not ready to make nice is such a SONG 

1 hour ago, Jae said:

It's too late to make it right, I probably wouldn't if I could.. scream1 

This is my all-time favorite song by anyone ever. I listen to it every day and it inspires me so much. It gives me a reason to wake up.

6 minutes ago, Anna-wa said:

My childhood summed up in a single CD cover:

68239d713d8e4ce78678356ca775d9a9.jpg

They sound just as good live as they do in the studio. "Top of the World" is so gut-wrenching though cry9

Just now, Tiny Little Bows said:

This is my all-time favorite song by anyone ever. I listen to it every day and it inspires me so much. It gives me a reason to wake up.

omg I'm still so mad at America for doing them so wrong when what they said was 100% spot on scream1 

1 minute ago, Tiny Little Bows said:

They sound just as good live as they do in the studio. "Top of the World" is so gut-wrenching though cry9

I listened to their Live album (thanks to my mom) a gazillion times as a child that by the time I finally heard the studio versions of those songs it didn't sound right.

7 minutes ago, Jae said:

omg I'm still so mad at America for doing them so wrong when what they said was 100% spot on scream1 

I will always admire them for what they did. They had so much to lose, but they spoke their minds and never backed down. People who defend their faves for staying silent on controversial topics need a Dixie Chicks primer, because rather than ruining their careers it gave them their most success and acclaim yet.

7 minutes ago, Anna-wa said:

I listened to their Live album (thanks to my mom) a gazillion times as a child that by the time I finally heard the studio versions of those songs it didn't sound right.

Your mom has flawless taste. Mine just listens to contemporary Christian and doesn't know any/hates all the pop divas. rip4

6 minutes ago, Anna-wa said:

Okay but where's the "Sin Wagon" appreciation though? That song is a SONG.

OH AND GOODBYE EARL.

THESE ARE BOTH FLAWLESS.

Goodbye Earl is like Inglourious Basterds in song form. There's so much violence happening, but you can't be bothered by it because it's happening to a truly awful person.

1 minute ago, Tiny Little Bows said:

Your mom has flawless taste. Mine just listens to contemporary Christian and doesn't know any/hates all the pop divas. rip4

She really does. wub1 She raised us on some Country, but actual good Country (see the Dixie Chicks). She also raised us on Maroon 5's "Songs About Jane" (their magnum opus to be honest) and the "O Brother Where Art Thou" soundtrack, amoung others.

Goodbye Earl is like Inglourious Basterds in song form. There's so much violence happening, but you can't be bothered by it because it's happening to a truly awful person.

"He was a missing person who nobody missed at all" cry6 

20 minutes ago, Anna-wa said:

She really does. wub1 She raised us on some Country, but actual good Country (see the Dixie Chicks). She also raised us on Maroon 5's "Songs About Jane" (their magnum opus to be honest) and the "O Brother Where Art Thou" soundtrack, amoung others.

"He was a missing person who nobody missed at all" cry6 

Anna-wa and Tiny were the best of friends, all through their forum days

Both members of the Beyhive and loved listening to Lemonade cry6 

3 minutes ago, Ginger Spice said:

I get chills (and teary-eyed) just thinking about this song and video. Absolutely brilliant. 

DON'T even discuss this song and video. I can't. brit2

Anna-wa and Tiny were the best of friends, all through their forum days

Both members of the Beyhive and loved listening to Lemonade cry6 

DON'T even discuss this song and video. I can't. brit2

I never saw that video as a kid (because they were already blacklisted at that point) and so the first time I saw it online a few years ago I just had to sit and cry for like ten minutes after it was over. cry9 

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.