Slasher

Gaga reveals she is finishing A Star is Born before the Joanne World Tour!

20-lady-gaga-super-bowl-feb-2017-billboa

It's a pretty good time to be Lady Gaga. The singer's sales are through the roofin the wake of her high-flying, widely praised Super Bowl LI halftime performance and, from the sounds of it, she and Bradley Cooper are having a blast working on the remake of A Star is Born.

Speaking to Apple Music Beats 1 host Zane Lowe on Wednesday (Feb. 8), Gaga talked about her instant nostalgia for Sunday's gig, which was seen by a monumental 117.5 million viewers, making it the second-most-viewed halftime show in Super Bowl history. "I’m really happy and had such an amazing time performing at Super Bowl, wish I could relive it all over again," Gaga told Lowe.

"I really had a real sense of being in the zone for this performance, worked on it for a really long time, took months, trained hard. Every second I wanted to give the world an day fans what they deserve, a great show. Its really exciting, I wanted to enjoy the moment not just be hell bent on everything. When we first got there I asked my Dad and friends and Mom to come out to the field with me and took a bunch of photos at the 50 yard line." 

Gaga said when it came to the set's most emotional moment, her intense performance of the Joanne ballad "Million Reasons," she was definitely thinking of her mom and dad. "I think that's why I said ‘hi mum and dad’ it was so surreal and to see my parents in the crowd," she explained, adding that she was "really happy" that she caught the football at the end of the 13-minute extravaganza, after losing sleep the night before wondering if it was a good idea. 

"I think that I knew I gave it everything I had in me," she said of descending 70 feet on wires. "I knew I had prepared and on top of doing what I rehearsed I added that extra bit of heart to the performance."

As if she's not busy enough prepping for her upcoming Joanne tour, Gaga is also hard at work finishing the music for the A Star is Born remake with Bradley Cooper, and from the sounds of it, things are going really well. "Right now I’m finishing the score for Stars Born with Bradley and some other producers and collaborators. Then I'll shoot the movie and then go on tour," she said of the movie that will mark Cooper's directorial debut, slated for release on Sept. 28, 2018. "The best part about making this movie is working with Bradley. He’s such a genius and a ninja like human being. We’ve become such great friends. Its tremendous to work with him all the time in the project, he’s very inspiring." 

One thing she was more circumspect about was her planned hush-hush performance with hard rock icons Metallica at Sunday night's (Feb. 12) Grammy Awards. "I was at Bradley’s house with [Metallica drummer] Lars [Ulrich] and we were just hanging out," she said. "He’s amazing. I went to see them live, I saw them recently and we were watching the show, those guys play better than they’ve played in their whole lives." 

The singer also touched on her eye-popping, action-packed new video for "John Wayne," which was directed by envelope-pushing collaborator Jonas Akerlund, who also oversaw her 2009 "Telephone" clip. 

"I have known Jonas for a really long time and we’ve been wanting to work together again and I thought for this song him and I would be perfect to do it together," she said of the pair's collabo on the cartoonish clip for the country-tinged rock song. "He downloads from me the visions on the song, like falling off the back of a horse but I hold on and carry on enjoying it, or a scene with a guy and me in a car and being reckless to see how reckless love can be. He has a very cinematic approach but doesn’t forget to make it a music video." 

Not surprisingly, Gaga said she did her own stunts for the video, though she wouldn't reveal which ones she left to the professionals. "That's me the whole time on top of the car going really fast, I was in high heels going from the trunk to the top of the car flying into the front seat, my mother was screaming at me," she revealed.

Source

Indeed, imagine if she didn't catch it ayumi1 I appreciated her going for it despite that risk.

(About this bit:

"she was "really happy" that she caught the football at the end of the 13-minute extravaganza, after losing sleep the night before wondering if it was a good idea")

2 hours ago, Earth Ripper said:

Indeed, imagine if she didn't catch it ayumi1 I appreciated her going for it despite that risk.

(About this bit:

"she was "really happy" that she caught the football at the end of the 13-minute extravaganza, after losing sleep the night before wondering if it was a good idea")

Yeah, I know. It would've been the no.1 subject regarding the performance. Thank god she did, indeed!