RepuTAYtion

NY Mag Shades Katy Perry's Disco Ball Rollout

Let me preface this by saying I'm insanely excited for Katy's single and I still think its gonna be a #1 smash but... fall8 The tea1

Titled: 

Hardly Any New Yorkers Came Out To Hear Katy Perry’s New Song

A philosophical conundrum for our times: If a Katy Perry song plays out of a disco ball in the middle of an urban park and nobody’s there to hear it, does it still make a sound? giveup1

Yesterday, Perry released a map showing the locations of 24 disco balls around the globe — including 11 in the United States — where fans can plug in their own headphones and hear her brand-new song “Chained to the Rhythm.” Unfortunately, not all the disco balls received as many visitors as she may have hoped.

Vanity Fair interviewed three fans (well, two fans and one person who describes himself as “more of a Beyoncé fan if I had to pick”) who went in search of the ball in New York’s McCarren Park (spelled “McCarran Park” on Katy’s map). Each was surprised to discover that, once they eventually managed to locate the ball, nobody else was there. 

“In an hour spent in the park, about six people approached the bench,” writes VF. “That, it turns out, was the correct amount of people for one ball with one headphone jack dropped in a mid-size park in Brooklyn in the middle of a work week with no further clues.”

Meanwhile, in San Francisco, West Coast Katy Kats were unable to find the ball in its planned Dolores Park location. After a lengthy search, writer Emma Silvers eventually located the ball, which had been moved without explanation to a spot outside the Castro theater. “No one else was there,” she writes. brit5

32 minutes ago, RandomosiTAY said:

located the ball, which had been moved without explanation to a spot outside the Castro theater. “No one else was there,” she writes. 

How would anyone be there if it was moved without explanation rip4

well no one has to be there. not everyone lives in the US or around where the disco balls were put. the whole point of the thing was to promote the release of the song. People know about the disco balls, people know what it played, people know that a new Katy song is coming out all without even going near one of those balls, so it did it's job! Anna Silman can choke!

AqrebQ.gif

8 minutes ago, RandomosiTAY said:

Social media updates idk

but she was the first to find it wendy3

anyway that doesn't mean anything, most people won't run around town to track a ball for a 90sec snippet from a song that's gonna be out in 30 hours rip4 

19 minutes ago, Russian Roulette said:

that's what she gets for releasing basic shitty trash songs, and to think i had my hopes high for this bitch rih9

The song hasn't been released, yet. The balls were snippets and where meant to be sought. rip4 These assumptions, I can't.

Just now, Russian Roulette said:

only deluded stans are hyped now after hearing that tragic snippet rih9 

Nope, you're the one hyping it all out, you said it yourself. I haven't even listened to the snippets, either. Snippets aren't supposed to be mean anything especially LQ audios. This is common knowledge? 

1 minute ago, Carlos said:

Nope, you're the one hyping it all out, you said it yourself. I haven't even listened to the snippets, either. Snippets aren't supposed to be mean anything especially LQ audios. This is common knowledge? 

it sounds like Birthday meets Walking On Air rih9 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well no one has to be there. not everyone lives in the US or around where the disco balls were put. the whole point of the thing was to promote the release of the song. People know about the disco bal

But... it's not out yet..........

It absolutely doesnt. 

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.