Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Savage

The evolution of kylie minogue

Transition into Fever and CGYOOMH in particular is legit breathtaking. The late 90s were like the fountain of youth and reinvention for the classic pop queens. Fucking iconic across the board.

I'm so glad they didn't end that amazing video with "I Was Gonna Delete This Shit Video" too.

Posted from my iPhone using the FOTP app

On 2/10/2017 at 7:21 PM, Satori said:

Transition into Fever and CGYOOMH in particular is legit breathtaking. The late 90s were like the fountain of youth and reinvention for the classic pop queens. Fucking iconic across the board.

I'm so glad they didn't end that amazing video with "I Was Gonna Delete This Shit Video" too.

Posted from my iPhone using the FOTP app

I completely agree. That's because even at that point, anyone born in the early/mid 80s had been listening to the divas their parents/siblings listened to and were contributing to them being successful as well. There seemed to still be a level of respect shown for the artists that had come before the starters of the late 90s. Not to mention there wasn't a plethora of talentless hacks who were still performing then, the weak had already been weeded out. Top 40 radio was also extremely different. A bigger variety of artists were played on the radio. Ageism was there, but I don't remember anyone being punished at the time for that. Madonna, Cher, Whitney, and Janet were still huge all over at the time. It was the best meld of the past and present stars though. 

I like the Deconstruction era transition when Kylie had red hair and also had short hair. Impossible Princess was a defining time for her but also who can forget the Fever to Body Languge era where Kylie became edgier and more urban. I think Kylie looked sexy in her black and white crop top and midriff and when she poses by the tree and drinks coffee. And last the Ultimate Kylie to X Kylie. Her comeback. And that's all I can think of.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.