Say Lou Lou

Will Katy suffer the 4th album curse?

Many popgirls underperform during their 4th albums, notable ones are ARTPOP by Lady Gaga, 4 by Beyoncé, Goodbye Lullaby by Avril Lavigne, among others.

However, there are exceptions, like Like a Prayer by Madonna, Stripped by Christina Aguilera and In the zone by Britney.

So what do you think, will Katy survive the curse or she will join it? dead0  

I think it's way too soon to be calling this era either way. Maybe in a couple weeks, we'll see how CTTR's doing and have a better sense of what's going on with her, but even then, we won't know for sure. After Roar's success, Unconditionally flopped, but then she came back and made Dark Horse even bigger than Roar. There's simply no telling where she'll go from here.

2 minutes ago, LanaxGaga said:

She has my kind of christmas and Mi Reflejo though. So technically, Stripped is her 4th studio album gaycat1

By that logic, since Madonna had the "Who's That Girl" soundtrack and the "You Can Dance" compilation before LAP, WTG was her 4th album. gaycat1

Just now, Anna-wa said:

By that logic, since Madonna had the "Who's That Girl" soundtrack and the "You Can Dance" compilation before LAP, WTG was her 4th album. gaycat1

Soundtrack =/= studio album (That's what i gathered from Wikipedia anyways, let's see what the Fighters consider her 4th album) gaycat1

8 minutes ago, LanaxGaga said:

Soundtrack =/= studio album (That's what i gathered from Wikipedia anyways, let's see what the Fighters consider her 4th album) gaycat1

Pretty sure the majority of them consider Bionic her 4th and consider Mi Reflejo and My Kind Of Christmas specialty albums (like GH/Remix/etc. kind of albums) gaycat1

1 hour ago, Anna-wa said:

Only 4 songs on the Who's That Girl OST are by Madonna and You Can Dance is a remix album with one new song. It's not quite the same thing.

Just now, Breathless Mahoney said:

Only 4 songs on the Who's That Girl OST are by Madonna and You Can Dance is a remix album with one new song. It's not quite the same thing.

Yeah you're right.

Christina fans still count Bionic as her 4th album though  gaycat1

1 minute ago, Anna-wa said:

Yeah you're right.

Christina fans still count Bionic as her 4th album though  gaycat1

Back in my #fighter days my opinion that Mi Reflejo and MKOC counted was an unpopular one, so I suppose you're right....

...About most Christina fans having that opinion :P

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's her second album though???? Her 4th album was which undeservedly continued the curse.

Was Work getting dark red updates not even a day in? Did Work fail to reach #1?

Many popgirls underperform during their 4th albums, notable ones are ARTPOP by Lady Gaga, 4 by Beyoncé, Goodbye Lullaby by Avril Lavigne, among others. However, there are exceptions, like Like a

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.