Lachlan

#LachlanREVIEWS - Hard Candy (2008)

11 minutes ago, Nocturn said:

It is true. eve1 Then I guess you hate AL because it flopped hard, while its quality doesn't matter.

I hate MadonnaNation, but that forum had a thread about MDNA and one member posted something about interesting structures of MDNA songs, which I didn't realize before. The songs speak for themselves. 

No it's not. I remember very well everyone liking it on both UKMix and PopJustice (they were my favorite forums at the time)

Fans hated era. Not the album. It's pretty obvious that you weren't fan in 2008!

Sorry no again for MDNA :(

1 minute ago, Cruella de Vil said:

The 19-track "deluxe" version is the full album. The standard, so to say. Madonna wanted it to be a double-album but her label took over and decided to just randomly through all the songs on one album and then release an "abridged" version too cause 19 tracks was too long in their opinion. bfFvpcJ.jpg
They even cut off the fucking title track. dead4

So yeah...you shouldn't bother with the Super Deluxe Version but the 19-track version is the one you should review! brit0

Well I would've also kept the semi awful title track off the album too. bfFvpcJ.jpg

4 minutes ago, Hysteria said:

So much taste they put Incredible and Sharting Lesson on it. tumblr_inline_nq3q0ppIwn1sdg6f3_500.gif

Put Latte and ATS instead and the album is on par with Loose and FutureSex/LoveSounds. tumblr_inline_nq3q0ppIwn1sdg6f3_500.gif

It was probably Madonna who picked those songs, let's be real tumblr_inline_nq3q0ppIwn1sdg6f3_500.gif

We're talking about A woman who believes that CaNDY shOP IS HER BEST SONG EVER tumblr_inline_nq3q0ppIwn1sdg6f3_500.gif

No it's not. I remember very well everyone liking it on both UKMix and PopJustice (that were my favorite forums at the time)
Fans hated era. Not the album. It's pretty obvious that you weren't fan in 2008!

Sorry no again for MDNA [emoji20]

Drag ha! cry9
HC has gotten a lot of love by Madonna fans in recent times to be honest. I saw the whole love fest on MNation and I have been a member there since 2011. ny7.gif' alt='ny6'>

MDNA is generally the most disliked from those three although Rebel Heart got a lot of shit for not being "as good as the demos" eve1

But yeah...HC overall is more well-received than MDNA. Rebel Heart is a bit polarizing but let's wait for the Megarate to serve the final tea on it. 29 people have participated this time. The results should be very accurate. jj2
Well I would've also kept the semi awful title track off the album too. bfFvpcJ.jpg

It really needed a proper rework.
 bfFvpcJ.jpg
Melodically and lyrically it's wonderful. Kind of what My Way is to Frank Sinatra. It just didn't get the production it deserved.

But yeah the tracklist is complete random. The first 6 tracks were seperated the way M had it in mind but they didn't bother rearranging the tracklist according to M's wishes and now it's a mess. orangu1
Just now, Angelus said:

It was probably Madonna who picked those songs, let's be real tumblr_inline_nq3q0ppIwn1sdg6f3_500.gif

We're talking about A woman who believes that CaNDY shOP IS HER BEST SONG EVER tumblr_inline_nq3q0ppIwn1sdg6f3_500.gif

I don't think she believes that, honestly. I have a psychological interpretation about it and it's that singing about her sweet pussy and luring young boys into her "candy store" gives her a lot of confidence and helps her cope with getting older. She has the NEED to sing this song until her very last show. tumblr_inline_nq3q0ppIwn1sdg6f3_500.gif

4 minutes ago, Cruella de Vil said:

It really needed a proper rework.
 bfFvpcJ.jpg
Melodically and lyrically it's wonderful. Kind of what My Way is to Frank Sinatra. It just didn't get the production it deserved.

But yeah the tracklist is complete random. The first 6 tracks were seperated the way M had it in mind but they didn't bother rearranging the tracklist according to M's wishes and now it's a mess. orangu1

Yeah the tracklist is insanely messy, but considering the whole thing is 25 songs it's probably always going to feel like that. It's like The Pinkprint.

6 minutes ago, Cruella de Vil said:

Drag ha! cry9
HC has gotten a lot of love by Madonna fans in recent times to be honest. I saw the whole love fest on MNation and I have been a member there since 2011. ny7.gif' alt='ny6'>

MDNA is generally the most disliked from those three although Rebel Heart got a lot of shit for not being "as good as the demos" eve1

But yeah...HC overall is more well-received than MDNA. Rebel Heart is a bit polarizing but let's wait for the Megarate to serve the final tea on it. 29 people have participated this time. The results should be very accurate. jj2

I feel like HC is making comeback tumblr_inline_nq3q0ppIwn1sdg6f3_500.gif

Most fans overreacted when MDNA was released because they wanted something new but like 2-3 weeks later everyone agreed it was hsit.

RH divided fans because half of them believed demos were better because they overplayed demos by the time album was released, and other half doesn't care about demos because they didn't listened them and they like the album like it is. tumblr_inline_nq3q0ppIwn1sdg6f3_500.gif

1 minute ago, Lachlan said:

She sang Candy Shop on the MDNA and RH tours? fall3

Yes. jj4 And not only that but the following songs from HC have appeared on RHT and MDNA Tours in one way or another:

- Spanish Lesson (she does this EVERY TIME she performs in Latin America or Spain)

- Candy Shop (performed in full on MDNA and RH)

- Give It 2 Me (performed as mashup with Celebration, sampled during Music)

- Heartbeat (sample during Best Friend & Like a Virgin)

- She's Not Me (sample during EY/BTW)

2 minutes ago, Angelus said:

I feel like HC is making comeback tumblr_inline_nq3q0ppIwn1sdg6f3_500.gif

Most fans overreacted when MDNA was released because they wanted something new but like 2-3 weeks later everyone agreed it was hsit.

RH divided fans because half of them believed demos were better because they overplayed demos by the time album was released, and other half doesn't care about demos because they didn't listened them and they like the album like it is. tumblr_inline_nq3q0ppIwn1sdg6f3_500.gif

This exactly how I have witnessed it.

tumblr_inline_nq3q0ppIwn1sdg6f3_500.gif

15 minutes ago, Angelus said:

No it's not. I remember very well everyone liking it on both UKMix and PopJustice (they were my favorite forums at the time)

Sorry no again for MDNA :(

http://forum.popjustice.com/threads/madonna-hard-candy-album-discussion.7262/page-41

jj3 

Just now, Angelus said:

You literally posted page where they were praising Spanish Lesson and where they called it one of the best albums of the year before it was officially released based on lq leaks. Thanks for doing my job!

But there are negative comments too. 

Why is it so hard for you to believe that not everybody thinks HC is good? jj3