RepuTAYtion

Lena Dunham - Taylor (is) "never not making music"

Lena Dunham on taylor in a Rolling Stone interview   Gotta love how all these celebs sit down for interviews and get asked questions on Taylor - no wonder she's taking a break.  

On the flip side, your friend Taylor Swift took a lot of heat for not speaking up. Is that unfair?
I just think everyone has to do it their way. When I was lesser known, I was like, "Who could not share their opinion?" Then I found out that when you talk about politics, people straight up tweet you the floor plan of your house and say they're coming to your house. You have to fucking watch it because people are nuts.

In general, what have you taken away from Taylor's approach to her career?
She's been in the public eye since she was 15. I felt young when my career started and I was 23, 24. When I met her, she was newly 22, and she was a fucking seasoned pro at this stuff. Watching the way that she understands the vicissitudes of the cycle, and she just keeps making her work, – that's just really impressive to me. That's how I hope to live my life, which is not as a slave to public opinion, but just as somebody who continues to make things. She's truly just an artist who has to make things to survive. I guess that's what we have most in common. And she's never not making music. If people know about it or they don't, she's never not making music, and that's like, something that I've really watched with a lot of admiration.  Because she's been put through the ringer, and she's continued to make her work. People who understand how to protect themselves but aren't so beaten down that they can't be creative – that to me is the greatest.

Your boyfriend, Jack Antonoff, is often making music in your Brooklyn apartment. What's it like being close to that other kind of creativity?
He's in the back of my apartment right now recording with two artists. I have a whole other career as a rock-star housewife, making tea for musicians. I really love how private and emotional Jack's work is – how he's super-public when he goes on tour or when he's promoting something, and then he goes back into the hole for three years. That's really appealing to me. He can be very secretive. If he's working on something with Taylor, he'll tell me I can't hear it, which makes me crazy! 

Please grace us with TS6 lord gaga13

5 minutes ago, Juinae said:

I don't like Lena Dunham at all but this is some great news to hear. cheer1 

I know, I'm not her biggest fan either.  But at this point I'll take this interview and hope it means she's madly at work on TS6, and the excerpt on Jack Antonoff is giving me hope for an OOTW 2.0 jj5

2 minutes ago, RandomosiTAY said:

I know, I'm not her biggest fan either.  But at this point I'll take this interview and hope it means she's madly at work on TS6, and the excerpt on Jack Antonoff is giving me hope for an OOTW 2.0 jj5

In before she continues to work on music forever but never releases it for fear of never topping 1989. jj5