Slasher

American Horror Story: Season 7 Theme is the 2016 Presidential Election!

And the theme of “American Horror Story” Season 7 is… politics?

The show’s producer, Ryan Murphy, revealed on Wednesday night that the next installment of FX’s horror anthology will zero in on the 2016 presidential election. During an appearance on Andy Cohen’s “Watch What Happens Live,” Murphy said that he’s pulling inspiration from the Nov. 8 election that saw now-President Donald Trump pull off a surprise victory over Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton.

“Well, I don’t have a title, but the season we begin shooting in June is going to be about the election that we just went through,” Murphy said. “So I think that will be interesting for a lot of people.”

Will there be a character based on Trump? When asked the question by Cohen, Murphy played it coy, telling him, “maybe.”

It’s already been confirmed that “AHS” veterans Sarah Paulson and Evan Peters will be returning for the next season, which, as Murphy revealed, will begin shooting in June. FX renewed “AHS” through Season 9 in January.

It’s almost surprising, given last season’s secrecy, that Murphy would make the reveal of the theme so early. For Season 6, “Roanoke,” FX whet fans’ appetites with a series of mysterious teasers, and didn’t make public the theme of that installment until its season premiere.

Murphy has kept busy at FX, with three anthology series in the works at the 21st Century Fox-owned network. Along with “AHS,” Murphy has “Feud,” starring Jessica Lange and Susan Sarandon, bowing next month, and a second season of “American Crime Story,” focusing on the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, debuting sometime in 2018.

Source

2 minutes ago, Kaulitz. said:

Poor House of Cards then. ny1 

yeah but you get what I mean, House of Cards and Scandal are like legit political shows from the start, but making a horror story suddenly into an election seems like it could go all sorts of wrong ways dead7 

1 minute ago, blankdreams. said:

yeah but you get what I mean, House of Cards and Scandal are like legit political shows from the start, but making a horror story suddenly into an election seems like it could go all sorts of wrong ways dead7 

Tehehehe, I know what you meant. :D I'm really interest how this is gonna work out though.. they might surprise us.. interesting1 

1 minute ago, Black Beauty said:

I love the show, but it'll be so easy for them to fuck this theme up! Also the way Ryan described it makes it seem like they hardly know what they want to do with the season... They should pick something else and do something actually scary instead of campy. ari1

To be fair, the campiest season was their most successful, but this is a different type of campy than Coven. dead2 

1 minute ago, Nightmare said:

To be fair, the campiest season was their most successful, but this is a different type of campy than Coven. dead2 

I loved Coven because it had an essence of campiness, but this theme just sounds cheesy and cheap. I think a season about the white house would be cute, like if Sarah were the president and Evan is her husband and like she slowly goes crazy because she keeps seeing aliens lurking around the white house trying to get her/contact her. 

7 minutes ago, Black Beauty said:

I loved Coven because it had an essence of campiness, but this theme just sounds cheesy and cheap. I think a season about the white house would be cute, like if Sarah were the president and Evan is her husband and like she slowly goes crazy because she keeps seeing aliens lurking around the white house trying to get her/contact her. 

Yeah, I agree. It would be cool if this season was influenced by the election, not necessarily about the election.