Gilly

Which post-ARTPOP event had the most positive impact on Gaga's career?

the post-AP event that had the biggest impact on her career was....  

22 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Sound of Music @ Oscars
    • National Anthem @ Superbowl
    • Cheek To Cheek era with Tony Bennet or wtvr
    • American Horror Story: Hotel
    • Joanne
    • Superbowl 2017 Halftime Show
    • Till It Happens To You campaign/performance @ Oscars
    • John Wayne video winning back the gays
    • other

we all know that ARTPOP was the pits of ha career, but since then, she's done plenty of eventful things that have slowly but surely rebuild her career and momentum. BUT.. what event had the biggest POSITIVE impact on her career? Vote in da poll lj1 

36 minutes ago, Gilly said:

the halftime show literally turned her career around and im not even joking. i havent seen people this interested in Gaga since like 2012. (at least in the US)

I agree. She has done a lot over the last few years that have really changed her image. However, I feel like all of that (Oscars, National anthem, etc.) was a buildup for her slaying at the SB. It solidified her as a legend.

I mean I only really know about Gaga what I see on this website and from the way I see it I really think having those Joanne dates sell out (a side effect of the SB) probably did something great for her confidence. Maybe I'm reaching but I really do think it did something good to see how many people still care about her/want to see her. :) 

Although I do think people underrate what the C2C era did for her as well - she got to take a break from being a Pop Star and got to work with one of her idols. I think that also did amazing things for her happiness, personally.

18 minutes ago, Anna-wa said:

Although I do think people underrate what the C2C era did for her as well - she got to take a break from being a Pop Star and got to work with one of her idols. I think that also did amazing things for her happiness, personally.

Tbh. People still talk about her work with Tony, especially older generations. C2C started everything. It was her first step upwards after hitting rock bottom with Artpop.