NOVAAYEARZ

Will we ever have a Superstar after this decade ?

I don't see anyone else becoming a huge superstar. The last major ones we had were Gaga/Katy/Adele/somewhat Kesha and that was before the turn of the decade. Yeah, we have Ariana, Selena, etc. but they're not on that level. It feels like people are just over the "huge popstar" in general wendy3 

Nope,even females who used to have huge singles/ like Katy or Gaga flopped...Katy's new single is a flop comparing to roar or dark horse,I hoped that streaming won't hurt her sales but it did.Adele had 1 huge hit from 25-Hello,despite spending 10 weeks at #1 it sold only 4m+ in US,it's a huge number especially now,but let's be real-everyone expected 6m or sth...

Ppl are not intrested in young singers-Ariana has a talent and catchy songs but her albums flopped despite promotion,social media etc.

People stopped loving young,female artist after Gaga's debut and Adele's success.

49 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I don't see anyone else becoming a huge superstar. The last major ones we had were Gaga/Katy/Adele/somewhat Kesha and that was before the turn of the decade. Yeah, we have Ariana, Selena, etc. but they're not on that level. It feels like people are just over the "huge popstar" in general wendy3 

True. I think labels are investing less in the total package and just rewarding quick little singles. The focus used to be on albums - which needed a star. Now it's just streaming and quick singles. It's cheaper to push 10 small indie artists, than for example 3 big stars. That's because the labels control most of the marketing and can bamboozle these newer girls. With Katy, Beyonce, Taylor, Gaga - they all have their own money and make huge returns, so labels aren't too worried about them. I mean MR is discounted for years and her label will end up losing money - but they know they can pick it up somewhere else. That wouldn't happen with a newer artist. jj4 

18 minutes ago, BackToBasics said:

Nope,even females who used to have huge singles/ like Katy or Gaga flopped...Katy's new single is a flop comparing to roar or dark horse,I hoped that streaming won't hurt her sales but it did.Adele had 1 huge hit from 25-Hello,despite spending 10 weeks at #1 it sold only 4m+ in US,it's a huge number especially now,but let's be real-everyone expected 6m or sth...

Ppl are not intrested in young singers-Ariana has a talent and catchy songs but her albums flopped despite promotion,social media etc.

People stopped loving young,female artist after Gaga's debut and Adele's success.

I think the problem with Ariana is that she's not really interesting. She's not doing anything new that Mariah, Christina, or Katy haven't done. Most of her hits are features and she doesn't have many memorable performances despite having a decent voice. and lastly her videos are just shit or lazy rip3 

I think she needs to really look at past figures, including Christina - because her image reminds me of her in many ways and even though she's a flop now, Xtina really made her mark on the industry.

Just now, Michael. said:

Gaga's peak felt definitely bigger dead2 

I think it felt bigger because Gaga's peak wasn't in a void; other pop girls were successful at the same time, but nobody was anywhere close to her level. Taylor's peak was just as big, but she did it when the competition was low, since very few other girls were releasing albums or new singles around the same time.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You really misunderstood that statement. He was saying that she is currently in the middle part of her career, which is to say that she is not at the beginning and not at the end. He wasn't saying she

why is this in beyonce's section? 

Ariana imo is the last chance for a major pop girl to happen and she's already in the midst of her career. I doubt anyone after her has the capability to become major

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.