Firdawsi

The deep symbolism in the video

This probably is her most symbolic video imo.

(Add more if I forgot some)

1.The Trump Wall/No Place Like Home

People getting thrown above the wall representing immigration ban

2.People dying

No one caring about the people that are dying

3.The World War Candy

There are 3 cotton candy in shape of nuclear explosions representing an upcoming World War

4.The Love Tunnel/Selfie scene

Like, Emojis representing people caught up in the hands of social media addiction.

Also, no gay/lesbian coules on the coaster.

The guy getting more points than her representing sexism.

5.Inferno H2O

Adulteration of Food/Products

6.Hamster Wheel

Life being a repeated struggle(I think only the black and Asian one fell down representing racism)

The clock ticking backwards representing going back to dark ages.

The zombie like trance of the people.

7.Nuclear Family

I think "nuclear"has a double meaning here

+

Her looking horrified at the end.

I think I'm missing even more dead2 

BTW, has anyone figured out why the hair color change?? interesting1 Because in the beginning she has like this light pink hair color, and by the time she's sitting in the chair (when Skip Marley comes in) she's blonde. Could that mean like she's no longer original and blending in with the rest of the crowd? 

Also, the 1984 hours waiting line. Might very well be a George Orwell reference, but I also thought it meant again that people are stuck in the same rhythm. They're staying in line, even if it takes 1984 hours to get there, because they just keep doing the same things anyway everyday, same routine?

5 hours ago, Kaulitz. said:

BTW, has anyone figured out why the hair color change?? interesting1 Because in the beginning she has like this light pink hair color, and by the time she's sitting in the chair (when Skip Marley comes in) she's blonde. Could that mean like she's no longer original and blending in with the rest of the crowd? 

Her hair was pink all throughout her day at the park, where she was seemingly oblivious to reality. It was blonde once she "woke up," so to speak. I think this signifies the change from past katy (with her wild hair colors) to current katy, who has kept the same white-blonde hair irl.

5 hours ago, Kaulitz. said:

Also, the 1984 hours waiting line. Might very well be a George Orwell reference, but I also thought it meant again that people are stuck in the same rhythm. They're staying in line, even if it takes 1984 hours to get there, because they just keep doing the same things anyway everyday, same routine?

Also she has definitely said that CTTR is a nod to the 1984 book. She was calling the hamster character Mr Parsons, who is a character in the book. But i agree that it seems to have a double meaning, especially given that one point the timer changes from 1984 to 1983, as if society is regressing.

"The Greatest Place on Earth" representing "America". 

But I disagree about this being most symbolic. 

Unconditionally has so much religious symbology it isn't crazy. There isn't a scene in there that doesn't directly relate to Christianity and it's teachings of unconditional love.  

10 hours ago, Kaulitz. said:

I wondered the same thing about her hair!