Brightflower

Mariah Carey: Album Review

Mariah Carey: Album Review

Ever since i heard this album, it became hard not to like the debut albums by singers. Mariah composed this album so beautifully! The vocals, the production, the lyrics and the beats were outstanding, especially for a 20 year old at the time. Her innocent image,masterful voice and the maturity in her music was new for me, even though i was almost 12 when i first heard this album. 

Lyrically, the album went in the usual topics: love, wanting, losing a bae etc. It was good to see her sing songs that were relatable to others. She sounded at her peak, swooping, growling and soar with a voice that was almost unparrelled in music. To be honest, it is one of the best debuts by a female singer of all time, as few female artists, or artist in general, are able to make a flawless album like this. Highlights were Vision of Love, which contained soul and r&b sounds that i think made Mariah different from almost every new artist that was breaking out at the time. More were I dont Wanna Cry, Love take time which is my favorite song by Mimi off that album. it was a combination of extremely powerful vocals, nostalgic lyrics and a rhythm that was so memorable, i played it time and time again before going on to the next tack.However, there is one track i didnt like much. It was just so boring, i felt as if i were a person with power over this album's making, i would make Mariah put it on Emotions as it would have fit better on that album.

Vocals:A+

Production:A-

Lyrics:A-

Overall:A