Oblivia

Will Katy ever get another #1 on the Billboard Hot 100?

Definitely wendy1

I think CTTR still has a shot at going #1, I really wouldn't count it out just yet. Its streams so far are actually amazing, I mean the video already has like 7 million views. If CTTR doesn't manage to go #1, I'm confident she'll have another song reach #1 from this era or maybe the next ny1

57 minutes ago, Serene. said:

Why not?

She could do it with CTTR or even her next single.

There are so many eras where the lead didn't go #1 but a subsequent single did.

Rated R - Rude Boy (single #3)

Bedtime Stories - Take a Bow (single #2)

Stripped - Beautiful (single #2)

do you know any more?

well, she still has a chance, but there's no denying that the break between prism-now really hurt her popularity. eve1

Let's face it - the old generation of pop girls, bar Rihanna and Beyonce, dont fit in with the music that's popular today. Katy has gotten older and her brand of pop is not seen as cool anymore. A new generation of pop girls have taken over and popular music has HEAVILY shifted since she smashed with Roar and Dark Horsesus. I mean, nowadays, we BARELY see any pure pop tracks topping the hot 100. The music market in the USA is heavy on the urban/tropical side. Rihanna and Beyonce have been able to adapt to the current market because they make more urban influenced music, which gives them a edge on streaming services. No one is gonna be streaming the fuck out of Chained to the Rhythm in a world of where Bad and Boujee and Black Beetles are the top tracks in the nation eve1rip2   

PLUS, if she's going political, it's gonna be hard for her to have that mass appeal she had during her previous eras.

She'll be fine tho sass5 but ill still be dragging ha sass5 

13 minutes ago, Gilly said:

well, she still has a chance, but there's no denying that the break between prism-now really hurt her popularity. eve1

Let's face it - the old generation of pop girls, bar Rihanna and Beyonce, dont fit in with the music that's popular today. Katy has gotten older and her brand of pop is not seen as cool anymore. A new generation of pop girls have taken over and popular music has HEAVILY shifted since she smashed with Roar and Dark Horsesus. I mean, nowadays, we BARELY see any pure pop tracks topping the hot 100. The music market in the USA is heavy on the urban/tropical side. Rihanna and Beyonce have been able to adapt to the current market because they make more urban influenced music, which gives them a edge on streaming services. No one is gonna be streaming the fuck out of Chained to the Rhythm in a world of where Bad and Boujee and Black Beetles are the top tracks in the nation eve1rip2   

PLUS, if she's going political, it's gonna be hard for her to have that mass appeal she had during her previous eras.

She'll be fine tho sass5 but ill still be dragging ha sass5 

Clearly didn't hurt her as much as Gaga's break. sass5 

Why is Sia slaying and Beyoncé flopping? sass5 

Rihanna didn't do THAT well either. sass5 

I think it has more to do with streaming becoming an increasingly bigger medium and being an accurate reflection of what ppl ACTUALLY listen to, whereas radio was always so easily manipulated through payola, and even the media or politics (Janet/Madonna being blacklisted for years).

I agree with the shift in music though. It's very RnB/hip hop/dance hall oriented. Very much like the mid-90s which are incredibly popular not only in music but fashion too.

31 minutes ago, Cruella de Vil said:

do you know any more?

The Emancipation of Mimi - We Belong Together (single #2)

19 minutes ago, Cruella de Vil said:

I think it has more to do with streaming becoming an increasingly bigger medium and being an accurate reflection of what ppl ACTUALLY listen to, whereas radio was always so easily manipulated through payola, and even the media or politics (Janet/Madonna being blacklisted for years).

I agree with the shift in music though. It's very RnB/hip hop/dance hall oriented. Very much like the mid-90s which are incredibly popular not only in music but fashion too.

considering that Katy is coming off a MUCH bigger era than Gaga, it clearly did hurt her AS much, if not more, than Gaga sass5 let's see how Katy's album is gonna do. Katy cats were 100% sure than a #1 debut with massive opening figures for the first single was a given. However, the song ended up opening with less than 100k. IDK about you, but going from 550k opening with Roar to less than 100k with Chained to the Flop is a WAY bigger slip than Gaga's 220k with Applause to 100k with Perfect Illusion sass5

im not saying that Katy wont outperform Gaga, but it's clear that katy cats have had their BUBBLE POPPED and will now face the harsh reality of their favs FADING popularity (monsters dealt with this in 2013) sass5

and sia is slaying because she followed the tropical trend and succeeded sass5 plus, even if she's "old", she's still a relatively NEW artist and people love new artists. Katy is younger than Sia but she's been smashing for longer. Ppl are over it sass5

and beyonce flopping? ki lmfao1 even if she's not slaying the radio, she's within the top 3 biggest females in the world (along with ADELE and taylor). Rihanna is a HUGE force. You dont seem to understand how massive work and Needed Me were. Rihanna is the COOLEST pop girl out there and that's why she's the most streamed female EVER. sass5 idk what country youre from or wtvr, but im obviously talking with the biggest market, aka the USA, in mind sass5

51 minutes ago, Cruella de Vil said:

Rih had one of the highest selling female albums of the year, a smash #1, the longest running top 10 of the year, and another single that is in the top 10 with no promo or a video. She's doing far better than every other girl out there. dead4

7 hours ago, Cruella de Vil said:

do you know any more?

What's My Name ny1 

Can't Feel My Face ny1 

Both #1 before the first single went #1

11 hours ago, Lachlan said:

Rih had one of the highest selling female albums of the year, a smash #1, the longest running top 10 of the year, and another single that is in the top 10 with no promo or a video. She's doing far better than every other girl out there. dead4

no she didnt

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

considering that Katy is coming off a MUCH bigger era than Gaga, it clearly did hurt her AS much, if not more, than Gaga let's see how Katy's album is gonna do. Katy cats were 100% sure than a #1 deb

well, she still has a chance, but there's no denying that the break between prism-now really hurt her popularity. Let's face it - the old generation of pop girls, bar Rihanna and Beyonce, dont fi

The Emancipation of Mimi - We Belong Together (single #2)

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.