BeyIsACunt

Who had the better message

Song message  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Better message in their song

• Lady Gaga - Perfect Illusion
    • Katshit- Chained to who cares

Lady Gaga said Perfect Illusion was about everyone looking at pictures online and thinking the world is perfect because we paint it that way, but it is not. No one is perfect. Everybody has flaws. We paint perfect illusions. 

Katy Perry asks us in her elevator theme song if we are tone deaf. Probably because she is, she thinks a lot of us will be too. 

0313ccfc04168f3f70d24f32a3c02111.jpg 

In your opinion which song had a better message?

Isn't it ironic, the pop star who self proclaimed herself to be groundbreaking and envelope pushing releases a tepid single about heartbreak while the supposedly immature and juvenile pop star releases a single about social monotony. ny6 And Gaga's the one who urges pop stars to get make socially reflective music, she's such a hypocrite. 

And then her 2nd single (rushed due to the floppiness of the 1st one) is once again about heartbreak and failed relationship ny6 And guess what, the 3rd is about her being a hopeless whore that has a thing for cowboys oh wow you will surely go down as one of the all time greats that way lj1

1 minute ago, Jjang said:

Isn't it ironic, the pop star who self proclaimed herself to be groundbreaking and envelope pushing releases a tepid single about heartbreak while the supposedly immature and juvenile pop star releases a single about social monotony. ny6 And Gaga's the one who urges pop stars to get make socially reflective music, she's such a hypocrite. 

And then her 2nd single (rushed due to the floppiness of the 1st one) is once again about heartbreak and failed relationship ny6 And guess what, the 3rd is about her being a hopeless whore that has a thing for cowboys oh wow you will surely go down as one of the all time greats that way lj1

2:25 she talks about Instagram.

Gaga is a serious musician, unlike Katy, she always has a message.

19 minutes ago, BeyIsACunt said:

2:25 she talks about Instagram.

Gaga is a serious musician, unlike Katy, she always has a message.

That's a bogus explanation though, no one, even those who gave the song a careful listen, would have guessed in a million years that Instagram plays a role in the theme, not even the most quick witted critics analyzed the song within that frame of context, that doesn't mean it's too complex for us to understand, it just means that the message of the song is horribly communicated. Everyone knows by now that Gaga just likes to throw around these meaningless extra explanations in interviews to make her work seem more important, but the music should speak for itself and it rarely does with her.

And even when you take into consideration what she just said, the message of the song is about how Instagram makes us look better? that's her big revelation? ny6Ok next time I see a Valencia filter used in Instagram I'll remind myself that it's a perfect illusion ny12 just meaningless bullshit.

To even suggest that it's a better message than Katy's is like... ayumi1 Seriously, remove your stan goggles already.

2 hours ago, Jjang said:

MR isn't even about heartbreak lmfao2 

and funny how your fave spent days whoring out Rebel Heart and its social commentary, pimping dead icons for tacky promotion and Je Suis Charlie rip3 

and releases the most asinine single in recent history to sell a few copies when the first two singles dropped like hotcakes. You will not boy rip3 

Funny how your fave is so vocal yet hasn't released a social commentary album concept since 2003 rip3 The audacity rip2 

Meanwhile, Gaga is out here in the streets doing work and Madonna seemed to be pretty absent this past election year, even using the Orlando shooting to quote herself. Nothing says privilege more than a straight rich white woman posting a fake kiss to understand the struggles of being gay rip3  nat1 

4 hours ago, Jjang said:

That's a bogus explanation though, no one, even those who gave the song a careful listen, would have guessed in a million years that Instagram plays a role in the theme, not even the most quick witted critics analyzed the song within that frame of context, that doesn't mean it's too complex for us to understand, it just means that the message of the song is horribly communicated. Everyone knows by now that Gaga just likes to throw around these meaningless extra explanations in interviews to make her work seem more important, but the music should speak for itself and it rarely does with her.

And even when you take into consideration what she just said, the message of the song is about how Instagram makes us look better? that's her big revelation? ny6Ok next time I see a Valencia filter used in Instagram I'll remind myself that it's a perfect illusion ny12 just meaningless bullshit.

To even suggest that it's a better message than Katy's is like... ayumi1 Seriously, remove your stan goggles already.

My artpop could mean anything

1d7a8dde3bfcbbbb0532c3a8548d0698.gif 

ny6 

7 hours ago, Dr. Slay said:

I didn't know perfect illusion had a message behind it rip2

I thought it was just about her relationship being a "perfect illusion" dead7

It really doesn't, she didn't dare to admit it's about Taylor so she made up that bs eve1

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perfect Illusion has a message?  That's a new one

This poll is more biased than Fox News.

Isn't it ironic, the pop star who self proclaimed herself to be groundbreaking and envelope pushing releases a tepid single about heartbreak while the supposedly immature and juvenile pop star release

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.