Diego

Is the Glory era over? What went wrong?

Yeah i do post this on the Bs section, there should be a nice and honest Stan talk ..... i might probably get hate for this .. but Glory was released 6 months ago and since Slumber Party Mv release there has been complete silence, do you think this era is over? do you think is Britney's fault or the general public fault? any  thoughts?

What went wrong was she kept beating Make Me when it was already a dead horse. The same mistake Gaga made with Million Reasons.

In both cases they would've benefited SO MUCH MORE from just moving on to the next single and using their biggest promo slots to promote it. But no, in both cases they had to just keep beating the dead horse that was the single in question.

Learn when it's time to move on to the next single, girls. Don't waste all your promo slots on the wrong single that's already been out for a gazillion years...

Nothing really "went wrong," her and her team literally don't care from the get-go of the era and as soon as the album is out, it's pretty much over. She had dozens of opportunities to promote the new songs at her festival performances, live performances, put them in PoM, etc. and she stuck with her same old routine as always. They don't care about promoting the album and that's why everyone has already forgotten it.

Her and her team are out of touch with the current state of the industry.

They wasted all the promo slots with Make Me... a single that was poorly handled since the beggining + the whole music video fiasco.

She didnt care enough to push herself and promote the new album instead of her residency show.

They still went for another midtempo single after the general public showed no interest on the lead.

They didnt do as much rebranding and damage control as they should've after the lackluster FF promo performances and Myah rumors, and residency that have really tarnished her image, cheapend her brand and made her look like a nostalgia act.

Not premiering Make Me at the BBMA's.
The leaks of the original video/never speaking about it until the reshot tragedy was released.
Scrapping MM video/original artwork and using screenshots for the visuals this era.
Wasting every promo slot for POM promo/beating MM to death instead of using another single SP to promote.
Festivals being used to promote Vegas and paying dust to Glory.
The VMA's performance being so low-budget instead of the triumphant return it needed to be.
SP never having a televised performance.

4 hours ago, John Wayne said:

Not when MR is still in top 10 on itunes

We're not going to agree on this.

I'm glad MR is still top 10 on iTunes but she would've benefited far more from moving onto the next single and promoting it at her biggest promo slot.

8 hours ago, BJORK said:

poor management and her EXTREMELY restricting vegas contract.

that excuse worked in 2013 when we didnt know the details but the Glory promo proves that's just not true. She's allowed to perform outside of the Axis she just didnt bother performing what had to be performed and instead just did 4/5 performances from POM.

Great music, but didn't use the opportunities she had to promote it. Instead she promoted her Vegas show with the same recycled performance over and over. I do think she's still able to have hits, but I think Make Me wasn't the right choice for lead single (even though I love it) and she started promoting it way too late. Then she kept promoting it even though it was over instead of moving on to a new single... So yeah, she/her team wasted way too much time on making MM happen when it wasn't going to, and when they finally moved on to a new single they paid it dust.

15 hours ago, Kristina said:

Great music, but didn't use the opportunities she had to promote it. Instead she promoted her Vegas show with the same recycled performance over and over. I do think she's still able to have hits, but I think Make Me wasn't the right choice for lead single (even though I love it) and she started promoting it way too late. Then she kept promoting it even though it was over instead of moving on to a new single... So yeah, she/her team wasted way too much time on making MM happen when it wasn't going to, and when they finally moved on to a new single they paid it dust.

i agree with you 100% stupid vegas