BeyIsACunt

How is trash groundbreaking?

How is trash (Beyonce) ground breaking? What has she done that no one has done before?

Examples of thing artists have done that were groundbreaking are..

Madonna introduced vogueing to mainstream in 80s.

Michael Jackson introduced moonwalking to mainstream when it was mostly done by french mimes.

Minnie Riperton made whistle tones more common in pop.

Lady Gaga revived the music video event that had become nearly extinct.

Beyonce... seizures on stage..

giphy.gif 

Releasing an album that targets issues such as racial discrimation and infidelity with great lyrics, vocals, and production while going on a successful tour and having the best award show performances isn't groundbreaking? But I guess not everyone can garner acclaim for walking backwards on stage.

13 minutes ago, Hylia said:

Releasing an album that targets issues such as racial discrimation and infidelity with great lyrics, vocals, and production while going on a successful tour and having the best award show performances isn't groundbreaking? But I guess not everyone can garner acclaim for walking backwards on stage.

clap3

6 hours ago, Hylia said:

Releasing an album that targets issues such as racial discrimination and infidelity with great lyrics, vocals, and production while going on a successful tour and having the best award show performances isn't groundbreaking? 

But that isn't really groundbreaking. jj2 

Quality has nothing to do with it and all those themes have been done before. 

11 hours ago, Hylia said:

Janet released RN in 80s hay1

19 hours ago, Hylia said:

These are things that have been done before her, many times. 

Heart break and love - Adele 21.

Racism issues - Miseducation of Lauryn Hill.

All much better than what trash put out. And they won grammys.

ny5

2 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

OP is trying so hard to be noticed rip4 No one even cared when you came out of nowhere right after the Grammys and started to post in Beyonce's section. Poor thing. 

But here you are making comments on my topic. Giving me attention. 

tumblr_lln15gE4631qj00lio1_500.gif

2 hours ago, BeyIsACunt said:

These are things that have been done before her, many times. 

Heart break and love - Adele 21.

Racism issues - Miseducation of Lauryn Hill.

All much better than what trash put out. And they won grammys.

ny5

As if Adele and Lauryn were the first ones to do either topic themselves. Beyoncé did both better anyway!

I don't understand why people keep expecting things to be groundbreaking all the time tbh. The only reason anything is truly groundbreaking is because it doesn't happen very often. All art is derived and inspired from elsewhere and all culture is a form of interaction so the fetishisation of groundbreaking seems a bit false. Some artists are ground breaking - Madonna for example - but even then a lot of her imagery was influenced by film stars from the golden era of Hollywood and her music/dancing was influenced by underground trends.

Lemonade isn't overly groundbreaking but it's an incredibly strong album that sticks to its concept throughout, develops a story over each track and is performed exceptionally well. Better than most of the music business has been doing lately.

1 hour ago, FMKK said:

I don't understand why people keep expecting things to be groundbreaking all the time tbh. The only reason anything is truly groundbreaking is because it doesn't happen very often. All art is derived and inspired from elsewhere and all culture is a form of interaction so the fetishisation of groundbreaking seems a bit false. Some artists are ground breaking - Madonna for example - but even then a lot of her imagery was influenced by film stars from the golden era of Hollywood and her music/dancing was influenced by underground trends.

Lemonade isn't overly groundbreaking but it's an incredibly strong album that sticks to its concept throughout, develops a story over each track and is performed exceptionally well. Better than most of the music business has been doing lately.

That is why I put Lady Gaga on the list. She wasn't the first person to make music videos events, Michael and Madonna before her did it, but everyone says it was Lady Gaga who revived it with videos like Bad Romance and Telephone. What Beyonce does is done ALL the time by artists like Kanye and Frank Ocean.

Frank Ocean was really groundbreaking. A black man talking about bisexuality. Something that not many black male artists talk about. Prince is the only one before him to express his sexuality as fervently. 

1 hour ago, Hylia said:

As if Adele and Lauryn were the first ones to do either topic themselves. Beyoncé did both better anyway!

You are crazy if you think Beyonce did it better. You are deaf if you really think that. Because from the commercial and critical aspect Beyonce looses very miserably to those two.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Releasing an album that targets issues such as racial discrimation and infidelity with great lyrics, vocals, and production while going on a successful tour and having the best award show performances

Nothing is original boo. Even all the examples you gave are stolen concepts that were just popularized/reinvigored. that's rich

How is trash (Beyonce) ground breaking? What has she done that no one has done before? Examples of thing artists have done that were groundbreaking are.. Madonna introduced vogueing to mains

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.