Brightflower

I Am..Sasha Fierce: Album Review

I Am...Sasha Fierce: Album Review

This isnt gonna be long because i dont have much to say about IASF besides it was an album of basic, blandly-written bops. Radio was trash, but had a cute beat and besides the singles, i wasnt much to listen to. Overall, it was a 67/100. It is probably Beyonce's most overrated piece of work. However, it reminds me of the beyonce before all the motherhood stuff-and not to critic it, just Beyonce 2003-2010 was more free and a majority of her music had no real weight to it; meaning-wise and vocally. Oh, especcially vocally. Beyonce's live voice from her solo debut to IASF was a complicated. She could(almost) hit the note of predecsessors Whitney and Mariah, but whenever she decided to try and belt on her higher notes(which was quite often), she sounded shrill and it used to hurt my ears when on high volume. Overall, the album has technically great vocals and just not one of her best.Highlights include: Halo, which is one of my top five favorite Beyonce songs, If I Were A Boy, which i sang at top voice even when they told me to shut up. Single Ladies was also a highlight, even though i didnt use as much as i did the others.

Vocals:A-

Production:B

Lyrics:B-

Overall:B

I love that you specifically mentioned Radio, it truly is a lost cause.

Anyway yeah, the ballads are so painfully bland that I can't even bring myself to actively hate them and the uptempos are annoying but at least it gave us Disappear so it's not a complete disaster?

4 hours ago, HOEANNE said:

how do u feel about Ego, Sweet Dreams, Diva (the holy trinity) wendy2 

Diva was a bop(that didnt make sense), Ego...no. Sweet Dreams however was like, one of the best songs off the album in general.

2 hours ago, Vilppu said:

I love that you specifically mentioned Radio, it truly is a lost cause.

Anyway yeah, the ballads are so painfully bland that I can't even bring myself to actively hate them and the uptempos are annoying but at least it gave us Disappear so it's not a complete disaster?

Disappear is a half/half for me. I like it, but i skip it the majority of the time it comes on when i play the album.