mercury.co.uk

Lars Ulrich: "Lady Gaga could become Metallica's fifth member"

wenn_grammys_larsulrich_021317_1800x1200

Lady Gaga has been offered the chance to become Metallica‘s honorary “co-lead singer” after performing at the Grammys with the heavy metal band on Sunday night (12Feb17).

The onstage collaboration was far from perfect, with Metallica frontman James Hetfield suffering sound issues onstage during the performance of Moth Into Flame, but bandmates Kirk Hammett, Robert Trujillo, and Lars Ulrich were more than impressed with Gaga.

Prior to the performance, guitarist Hammett said, “When it was suggested that Lady Gaga do it (with us), we thought, ‘That’s interesting’, but when she came down to actually work with us with the song, it turned out really, really, really well. I mean, she was really open and willing to work with different arrangements and see what worked well over the course of the song.

And now Metallica drummer Ulrich has offered her a permanent spot in the band, inviting the Poker Face singer to join the band onstage whenever her schedule allows.

“We’ve got a new lead singer,” he told Access Hollywood. “Well, a new co-lead singer, is a better way of saying it. We were talking earlier about maybe making her a permanent member of Metallica, and being a five-piece from now on, so we’ll see.”

The drummer admits he’s been a fan of Gaga’s for some time, and he was very impressed by her Super Bowl spectacular earlier this month (05Feb17).

“She killed it,” he added. “I mean, it was unbelievable. I think that at a time right now where everything in this country is so divisive, the one thing that everybody could agree on last week was that she just nailed it better than anybody ever, so it was awesome.”

source

You don't realize how big Metallica is, right? lol this is her best chance to recover the GP tbh and yes metal heads do love Gaga, and they're a bigger and more loyal fan base than any poop Stan base.

Please do! This is one of her biggest dreams coming true guys, and anything she'll do with them will be way more interesting than Artpop/Joanne.

18 minutes ago, JoeBrand said:

You don't realize how big Metallica is, right? lol this is her best chance to recover the GP tbh and yes metal heads do love Gaga, and they're a bigger and more loyal fan base than any poop Stan base.

Please do! This is one of her biggest dreams coming true guys, and anything she'll do with them will be way more interesting than Artpop/Joanne.

I think a lot of people here aren't here for it, because their sound is just not the ghey's cup of tea. It sure as hell isn't mine. However, I agree that people need to understand  and recognize how HUGE Metallica is in the overall musical landscape. I think it would be great if she did a collab album with them. 

EDIT: you know what, it doesn't even have to be a full album, maybe they can just feature her (properly) in one of their songs. rih2