mercury.co.uk

Lars Ulrich: "Lady Gaga could become Metallica's fifth member"

14 minutes ago, jacs vs looser said:

I think a lot of people here aren't here for it, because their sound is just not the ghey's cup of tea. It sure as hell isn't mine. However, I agree that people need to understand  and recognize how HUGE Metallica is in the overall musical landscape. I think it would be great if she did a collab album with them. 

EDIT: you know what, it doesn't even have to be a full album, maybe they can just feature her (properly) in one of their songs. rih2

Let's not forget they care about her schedule, I guess they understand she has a pop career to keep alive, metal bands don't release albums every month like generic pop stars. Gaga is taking control of the music industry, imagine every two or three years were getting new Jazz, Metal/Experimental and Pop albums. I mean, she can totally nail it, all she has to do is sing whatever she's offered by her side project legendary friends.

When will your fave have 3 separate careers in one? (JK lol)

Why is everyone taking this so seriously? In their 30+ years Metallica have only ever had one vocalist, and that isn't changing any time soon. They'd piss off both the metal community and the mainstream bottoms rip4 The Most that'll happen would be a collab/cover album like C2C, which I would so be here for. Just the thought of Gaga covering For Whom The Bell Tolls or The Unforgiven cry3

I think Access Hollywood just pieced together several interviews where he talks about Gaga and exaggerated his statements wendy1 He did say she made the perfect fifth member, but that was in reference to the Grammy performance alone. Anyway, he did mention that they were looking to see a next chapter of a collaboration, but it's unimaginable they would change their line-up or release an album with her ayumi1 I'm pretty sure they just plan on bringing her out as a special guest on a few shows.

How awesome would it be if they did an era together? An album and a tour. Like Tony and her did. I am no metal head by any means, but I love seeing Gaga dip her toes into different genres. Gaga stated many times that she's a metal fan of different bands and although she doesn't have a metal background (more like rock) I think it would be fantastic. I really enjoyed their Grammy performance (except the part when James' mic was turned off, that kind of sucked).

I feel like this fanbase needs to be more open about Gaga doing different things. You can't expect her to keep releasing TFM year after year. The same style of music every album works for some artists, but it wouldn't work with Gaga. She's got so much more to offer than just Bad Romance-esque songs.