BJORK

Would you be here for "Hey Girl" tonight at the Oscars?

HEY GIRL  

26 members have voted

1. 1. HERE FOR IT?

• MY ALT. GAY HEART CANT TAKE IT 1!!!!!
    • ugh. fug song. fuck no.
    • maybe

Just now, SWINΞ said:

Gaga has never acknowledged praise by ANY celeb (at least not anybody relevant) on social media. It isn't about Katy.

How does that matter though? I'm saying it would be nice for her to actually contribute to females sticking up for each other in the industry when she claims that's an important issue for her (but then doesn't ever show it in action) anna1 I'm not saying she hates Katy or whatever, I'm just saying it's pretty whack to release a song about females not having to be in the typical female artist vs. female artist media stream, and then to throw your biggest competition under the bus (both during ARTPOP and Joanne and I'm talking about Katy and Madonna ofc) a little later, never saying anything nice about them ayumi1

She's not obliged to do anything, I just find it annoying that she releases songs about a morality she clearly isn't interested in spreading.

3 minutes ago, SWINΞ said:

And that Insta post, to me, looks like Gaga was rooting for a "sports team/player" and found one player's tactics to be unbecoming. Is she not allowed to call that out? She's a sports fan giveup2

If she was a sports fan she would know that touching gloves is absolutely no sign of disrespect, as fighters pointed out later in response to her ridiculous remark eve1 And anyway, I found it incredibly distasteful for her to mock another hard-working female for hitting rock bottom after a much hyped up competition when she herself complained over and over (incl. a crying on the piano with negative newspaper headlines on a screen behind her stunt at an award show) about the unfair media reception she was getting, in particular because she was a female jj4 Again: she doesn't practice what she preach and it's annoying, 'cause she's the only pop star who pretends she's better than everyone else because of her values.

4 minutes ago, Earth Ripper said:

How does that matter though? I'm saying it would be nice for her to actually contribute to females sticking up for each other in the industry when she claims that's an important issue for her (but then doesn't ever show it in action) anna1 I'm not saying she hates Katy or whatever, I'm just saying it's pretty whack to release a song about females not having to be in the typical female artist vs. female artist media stream, and then to throw your biggest competition under the bus (both during ARTPOP and Joanne and I'm talking about Katy and Madonna ofc) a little later, never saying anything nice about them ayumi1

She's not obliged to do anything, I just find it annoying that she releases songs about a morality she clearly isn't interested in spreading.

If she was a sports fan she would know that touching gloves is absolutely no sign of disrespect, as fighters pointed out later in response to her ridiculous remark eve1 And anyway, I found it incredibly distasteful for her to mock another hard-working female for hitting rock bottom after a much hyped up competition when she herself complained over and over (incl. a crying on the piano with negative newspaper headlines on a screen behind her stunt at an award show) about the unfair media reception she was getting, in particular because she was a female jj4 Again: she doesn't practice what she preach and it's annoying, 'cause she's the only pop star who pretends she's better than everyone else because of her values.

And again, you don't know what she does behind the scenes. Social media is not the whole world Sis... jj1

4 minutes ago, SWINΞ said:

Nope. You definitely did take it out of context. She was literally saying "I don't know what I have to do with Katy Perry. I'm Lady Gaga. I'm different. I'm not her, why are you asking me about her? Don't pit me against her."

Edit: SHE LITERALLY SAYS "I REALLY LIKE KATY PERRY AND HER FANS" dead2

sis bye

Oh pls, she also says they couldn't be more different as artists and later instantly connects that with her not fitting in the pop mould, clearly implying that Katy is (in contradiction to herself) a generic pop star who should be treated as a pop star while Gaga should be treated as an innovator who changed the rules in the pop landscape ew2

And still waiting on those other receipts gaga11

And that "I really like Katy Perry" thing was said in her "please don't pit us against each other!!" Roar vs. Applause mess, I already said that's where she suddenly emerged with that message when then a few months later she accused Katy of copying her and distanced herself from her in the above mentioned interview (and media widely reported that Gaga was bashing Katy with that comment just like I interpreted it, and she didn't bother to correct it so) kesha2 Stay on topic and keep your timelines in check.

1 minute ago, SWINΞ said:

And again, you don't know what she does behind the scenes. Social media is not the whole world Sis... jj1

I literally just replied to that same comment kesha2 It doesn't matter what she does in private, she makes statements about morality and values in public and then she also, in public, dramatically counters them (without ever giving solid proof of her taking her own supposed values seriously), so yes she does need to be more public in her positive relationship with Katy if she wants us to get the message that women actually have to stick together, or she should just shut up about that message in general if she's not gonna bother showing it to the world moo5 That was the point.

Just now, Earth Ripper said:

Oh pls, she also says they couldn't be more different as artists and later instantly connects that with her not fitting in the pop mould, clearly implying that Katy is (in contradiction to herself) a generic pop star who should be treated as a pop star while Gaga should be treated as an innovator who changed the rules in the pop landscape ew2

And still waiting on those other receipts gaga11

And that "I really like Katy Perry" thing was said in her "please don't pit us against each other!!" Roar vs. Applause mess, I already said that's where she suddenly emerged with that message when then a few months later she accused Katy of copying her and distanced herself from her in the above mentioned interview (and media widely reported that Gaga was bashing Katy with that comment just like I interpreted it, and she didn't bother to correct it so) kesha2 Stay on topic and keep your timelines in check.

But they ARE different artists... her point was that not any artist is the same and I feel her aim was at the interviewer for comparing them, not for Katy being too "non-Gaga" kesha2

Also at this point, I recommend taking this to BG. 

1 minute ago, SWINΞ said:

Also at this point, I recommend taking this to BG. 

I'm not gonna open a separate thread for this, you're the one who's taking issue with my opinion here, I've just been repeating what I said earlier for a while now so if you wanna take it to BG then you make it happen gaga11

7 hours ago, Earth Ripper said:

She just has a thing for expressing moral values she then doesn't follow up (at least in public but hey, if you're gonna swear in public or on your album that you're a certain way, then you better back it up or at least not contradict yourself in action repeatedly) brit12 She also proclaimed this "women should stick together" thing in 2013 and then she threw Katy under the bus for no reason, twice, within six months, as well as making fun of a female athlete (alongside Donald Trump I might add) for losing at a competition gaga11 Now she's released Hey Girl with someone she never had the slightest beef or even competition with, and a week later she throws Madonna under the bus julia1 And ignores all the support Katy was giving her on social media. Just doesn't add up. She actually contributes to the pop chicks being pit against each other more than she tries to stop it.

1. Her comment on the horse thing was shady, that's true, but a lot before that, Katy tweeted against Gaga for her single Judas, saying that using religious imagery was a cheap trick. Katy's no saint.

2. The Ronda Rousey thing was all over the net, a lot of people in the GP were glad she lost that night - both men and women, because after her first few wins she started acting very self-entitled and disrespectful towards other athletes. You're telling me that because gaga is a female she cannot have a negative opinion on any other females? um2

3. Let us not forget that the Madonna feud started when Madonna herself called Gaga "reductive". While it is true that Gaga's attitude towards her comments made things worse, Madonna is no saint either. (Madonna was also at the women's march, does that make her a hypocrite?)

4. The part ignoring Katy on social media is the only argument you have that I agree with. She should at least acknowledge it.

31 minutes ago, SWINΞ said:

Gaga has never acknowledged praise by ANY celeb (at least not anybody relevant) on social media. It isn't about Katy. 

And that Insta post, to me, looks like Gaga was rooting for a "sports team/player" and found one player's tactics to be unbecoming. Is she not allowed to call that out? She's a sports fan giveup2

If she's a sports fan then that literally makes it ten times worse though chi1

She'd know that without Ronda Rousey female mixed martial artists would still be struggling to make ends meet, sure, she could congratulate Holly Holm for pulling the biggest upset in UFC history, but at the same time that was a perfect and most importantly a socially relevant opportunity to promote female empowerment, but instead of acknowledging a female revolutionary she followed the path of cyber bullying that Ronda had been facing since 2012 chi1 Anyway, for a female to be able display unsportsmanlike behavior and having it considered to be cool is a feat in itself within that sport, guys do it all the time but when a female does it she's suddenly a bitch, it's the exact same anti - female power dynamic that society deals with on a daily basis. The most iconic picture in combat sports is the one where Muhammad Ali is looking down at his opponent after knocking him out with his fist up, that's totally unsportsmanlike but it's one of the most celebrated images in history chi1 But oh women can't own their dominance like that right chi1

Here's how other celebs (who are also fans of the sport) reacted :

Now tell me seriously you don't think Gaga looks like the bully in the bunch? chi1

Anyway, @Earth Ripper could bring many other examples, like Gaga liking pictures on her own site that indicate Nicki Minaj being a copycat of hers, writing "sip that tea bitch!" on a post where Madonna is getting poisoned, calling Madonna soulless... etc. And most recently completely dumbing down Madonna's legacy and artistry by hinting that she's some label pop puppet that just rehearses whatever show is given to her chi1 So Didy's right. Gaga does not practice what she preaches.

7 minutes ago, jacs vs looser said:

Katy's no saint.

Oh I didn't say that, I'm just saying Katy has been reaching out ever since that laughable Alejandro remark, even in the same year (and she did publicly apologize for that comment later on anyway) and Gaga doesn't seem to want to acknowledge it, except when her single is flopping and she can turn that into a positive for her image ofc gaga11 But you acknowledged that so that's ok, I just wanted to clear up that I'm not defending Katy or whatever, god knows that is one shady ass bitch. I'm talking about Gaga's presented moral values and her (non-)corresponding behavior only, just using Katy as an example.

8 minutes ago, jacs vs looser said:

2. The Ronda Rousey thing was all over the net, a lot of people in the GP were glad she lost that night - both men and women, because after her first few wins she started acting very self-entitled and disrespectful towards other athletes. You're telling me that because gaga is a female she cannot have a negative opinion on any other females? um2

I'm saying it was low to make fun of a woman at rock bottom, especially when she herself had just faced a stream of media backlash which she herself clearly thought was unfair and overaggressive jj4 You can't complain about people trying to bring you down and then do the exact same thing to someone else. I mean, you can but you just look stupid, esp. when you're bullying someone alongside Donald fucking Trump moo5

9 minutes ago, jacs vs looser said:

3. Let us not forget that the Madonna feud started when Madonna herself called Gaga "reductive". While it is true that Gaga's attitude towards her comments made things worse, Madonna is no saint either. (Madonna was also at the women's march, does that make her a hypocrite?)

Madonna had praised her multiple times before that and even in that same reductive interview she says that they are completely different artists and that she doesn't feel Gaga copied her artistry, if that interviewer hadn't pushed her for an opinion on BTW later, the moment would never even have occurred kesha2 So yes, that comment was shady, but its malicious intent was wayyy exaggerated, incl. by Gaga who had already by that time called out two of her peers for copying her so seriously, why did she take offense herself then, another case of double standards jj2

11 minutes ago, jacs vs looser said:

4. The part ignoring Katy on social media is the only argument you have that I agree with. She should at least acknowledge it.

Well that was my main one so I'm happy with that xtina6

I'm not really gunning for her in particular, I'm just easily annoyed when people present themselves a certain way in public but then don't follow through xtina15 I'm not saying she should do this or that, and I do separate her music from all the extra stuff like her statements etc., I'm just saying I will remain to be unimpressed by her morality parade (also in her music) as long as she continues to do the opposite of what she preaches hottie1 Many people seem to see her as like this kind, warm and respectable person in pop music (as opposed to the apparently cold and heartless talentless whores in it) and I think that's bull.

11 minutes ago, jacs vs looser said:

She's literally not 1% as bad as the guys in the sports though, so why focus on that instead of focusing on her remarkable accomplishments? Beside, she didn't even congratulate Holly Holm - she focused on the defeat of Ronda and that's telling within itself. 

6 minutes ago, Earth Ripper said:

I'm saying it was low to make fun of a woman at rock bottom, especially when she herself had just faced a stream of media backlash which she herself clearly thought was unfair and overaggressive jj4 You can't complain about people trying to bring you down and then do the exact same thing to someone else. I mean, you can but you just look stupid, esp. when you're bullying someone alongside Donald fucking Trump moo5

Was it known that she was at "rock bottom" though? I mean, as far as I know all those things about her wanting to kill herself and whatnot came about after that particular fight, not before. I think that in everyone else's mind she was just a self entitled woman who got her ego crushed on tv, and a lot of people savored that moment. 

Madonna had praised her multiple times before that and even in that same reductive interview she says that they are completely different artists and that she doesn't feel Gaga copied her artistry, if that interviewer hadn't pushed her for an opinion on BTW later, the moment would never even have occurred kesha2 So yes, that comment was shady, but its malicious intent was wayyy exaggerated, incl. by Gaga who had already by that time called out two of her peers for copying her so seriously, why did she take offense herself then, another case of double standards jj2

I do agree with this, and it's actually something that annoys me a bit about Gaga: she takes criticism WAY too personally. But I also feel Madonna has a lot of responsibility there, but not just because of that comment in particular, it's just her whole "bitchy" persona that I feel creates unnecessary conflict and then she herself complaints about the world being against her. Come to think about it, they are a bit alike in that sense. jj5

I'm not really gunning for her in particular, I'm just easily annoyed when people present themselves a certain way in public but then don't follow through xtina15 I'm not saying she should do this or that, and I do separate her music from all the extra stuff like her statements etc., I'm just saying I will remain to be unimpressed by her morality parade (also in her music) as long as she continues to do the opposite of what she preaches hottie1 Many people seem to see her as like this kind, warm and respectable person in pop music (as opposed to the apparently cold and heartless talentless whores in it) and I think that's bull.

Well yeah, I understand where you come from. I don't perceive her to be that incoherent though. We all see things a little differently, I suppose. 

2 minutes ago, Jjang said:

She's literally not 1% as bad as the guys in the sports though, so why focus on that instead of focusing on her remarkable accomplishments? Beside, she didn't even congratulate Holly Holm - she focused on the defeat of Ronda and that's telling within itself. 

Well, because people were salty. And seriously, I'm talking about a lot of people, not just Gaga. I just feel that this in particular is not a good example of Gaga's bad judgment, (and she has more than a few others) more than it is an example of people's bad judgment in general. 

3 minutes ago, jacs vs looser said:

Was it known that she was at "rock bottom" though?

It was her first career defeat, it's like the equivalent of ARTPOP in LM language ayumi1 Gaga could whine about everyone judging her for not selling as much as BTW but she made fun of someone losing a sports competition in public, that's the thing, she didn't say that in her sofa watching the game to some friends, she actually went on her social media account and contributed to the public humiliation of a talented woman who just committed the crime of not being the best for once ari1 It's just bizarre to me that she didn't see how that was questionable, especially just a year after her blocking her own fans for being too negative (incl. about other artists) and only wanting #OnlineKindness or whatever cheryl1

1 minute ago, jacs vs looser said:

Well, because people were salty. And seriously, I'm talking about a lot of people, not just Gaga. I just feel that this in particular is not a good example of Gaga's bad judgment, (and she has more than a few others) more than it is an example of people's bad judgment in general. 

I know everything there is to know about the sport dude, I'm a hardcore fan chi1 

But that's the thing, instead of going against the grain of bad judgement towards women Gaga took the same stance and kicked Ronda down when she was already at her lowst. Let's be real, people hate her 'cause she's a woman that owns that dominant attitude - people were booing her when she was showing tremendous amount of respect to her opponents so this whole "omg she didn't touch gloves!!" excuse is just there to mask their genuine emotions, It's just annoying that someone like Gaga who preaches this message over and over again fails to practice it in vital moments like this, when they're most needed... Demi and Grimes did, why couldn't she?

2 hours ago, Earth Ripper said:

I'm not saying Gaga is obliged to reply or acknowledge these, but since they've been in a public feud, it just would be the perfect opportunity to promote the women sticking together bs she's always talking about chi1 Not even a like, seriously. Katy has been trying to send positive vibes to her and her fans for years via social media and Gaga has always ignored it, only to throw her under the bus publicly when she does mention her.

1) it's not a public feud if it's just one person throwing shade. 2) Just because she's not responding on twitter doesn't mean there's no communication and support between them. 3) She wasn't throwing Katy under the bus, she was just stating what anybody else could have picked up. Sure it was shady, but it wasn't as if she was dissing Katy herself, she was just disapproving of Katy seemingly using some of her ideas.

1 hour ago, Earth Ripper said:

And that "I really like Katy Perry" thing was said in her "please don't pit us against each other!!" Roar vs. Applause mess

Sis you need to rewatch your own damn receipt giveup2

She literally said it IN THAT VIDEO fall8

Tell me to check my damn timeline. 

248df2ba44308da1e7cf7cbb0c07042d.gif

5 minutes ago, HOEANNE said:

1) it's not a public feud if it's just one person throwing shade. 2) Just because she's not responding on twitter doesn't mean there's no communication and support between them. 3) She wasn't throwing Katy under the bus, she was just stating what anybody else could have picked up. Sure it was shady, but it wasn't as if she was dissing Katy herself, she was just disapproving of Katy seemingly using some of her ideas.

gaga13

34 minutes ago, HOEANNE said:

1) it's not a public feud if it's just one person throwing shade.

The comedian telling a fart joke thing tho gaga12 They both had their moments, and their commercial competition (esp. in 2013) made it 10x worse. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say they were publicly seen to be in a feud from 2013 to 2014, many people interpreted Katy's paint vomit video in the Prismatic World Tour as her diss response to both Gaga's "what the fuck" comment and her own paint vomit performance in Austin, so media outlets and people definitely perceived it that way lj1

36 minutes ago, HOEANNE said:

2) Just because she's not responding on twitter doesn't mean there's no communication and support between them.

I literally addressed this four times already.

36 minutes ago, HOEANNE said:

3) She wasn't throwing Katy under the bus, she was just stating what anybody else could have picked up. Sure it was shady, but it wasn't as if she was dissing Katy herself, she was just disapproving of Katy seemingly using some of her ideas.

I feel like you didn't get what my original points were smh. I don't care about Gaga doing any of that shit, but then I don't need to hear her whine about how she cares about women in the industry supporting each other, she clearly doesn't care about doing that herself in the public eye, in fact she does the opposite a lot more frequently, that was the point and the only reason I brought up Katy don't turn it into something else pls jj4

11 minutes ago, Earth Ripper said:

they were publicly seen to be in a feud from 2013 to 2014

Who cares? The public isn't the topic of the conversation, so it doesn't prove anything about whether the people themselves were in a feud. 

10 minutes ago, Earth Ripper said:

I don't care about Gaga doing any of that shit, but then I don't need to hear her whine about how she cares about women in the industry supporting each other, she clearly doesn't care about doing that herself in the public eye, in fact she does the opposite a lot more frequently

Wanting women to be supportive of each other in the music industry and not wanting to be compared to other mainstream female artists just because of their styles shouldn't be mutually exclusive. Gaga can be supportive of other women and still want to be seen as her own artist. Not wanting to be seen as another Madonna or Katy Perry doesn't mean she doesn't support them as artists or that she dislikes them, it just means she wants them all to be viewed for their work and not for how they present themselves.

16 minutes ago, Earth Ripper said:

I feel like you didn't get what my original points were smh

I got them, I just disagreed. jj5

14 minutes ago, HOEANNE said:

Who cares? The public isn't the topic of the conversation, so it doesn't prove anything about whether the people themselves were in a feud.

mad5

Literally every move Gaga makes in her career is public oriented, incl. this "women should stick together" crap. The public's impression is always 100x more important than what's actually going on, and I'm sure Gaga's team agrees with me there gaga12 So yes, it is important, far more important than whether or not Gaga actually agrees with half of the bs she's spewing routinely in interviews. Stop dodging.

16 minutes ago, HOEANNE said:

Gaga can be supportive of other women and still want to be seen as her own artist. Not wanting to be seen as another Madonna or Katy Perry doesn't mean she doesn't support them as artists or that she dislikes them, it just means she wants them all to be viewed for their work and not for how they present themselves.

Agreed, but that still doesn't explain why she systematically ignored Katy's support towards her since 2010 and only used her support for Katy as a PR dodge to protect her from "Gaga is a flop" media narratives during Applause's run against Roar jj4

The whole point is that she is not publicly supportive of her closest competition, despite her own claims about her moral compass.

19 minutes ago, HOEANNE said:

I got them, I just disagreed. jj5

Well, why though? I don't even get how you can disagree. There's more proof of her throwing her peers under the bus than supporting them, that is not an opinion, that is reality I'm afraid um3 Sure, that doesn't mean that Gaga is actually hateful towards them, but all I was saying was that it would be nice if Gaga backed up her nice stories about how the industry should be with some public efforts of her own, especially when one of her peers is clearly trying to establish a positive public relationship after a year of negative media reports ayumi1 So you disagree that that would be nice? I mean, what's so wrong about what I'm saying? um2