Vilppu

Memoirs is her best 00s album, why?

4 minutes ago, Skyline said:

also because as a special present for you I guess

Not you loving me so much, who knew

AqrebQ.gif

And I guess Emancipation does have a couple of cute songs. I don't know what a E=MC2 is though, I haven't had Physics in two years now.

AqrebQ.gif

On 2/26/2017 at 10:09 AM, Vilppu said:

I just happen to love Emotions and MIAMTEC slightly more than Memoirs.

* - granted you end the album on Languishing like I do

MIAMTEC is a masterpiece it deserves more respect cry9 Love your profile pic btw cry9

13 hours ago, Vilppu said:

It was obvs just a humorous line, I just can't help shading my fave lambs!

Same, I love how some of the tracks just keep sneaking in and stealing your heart, I think non-instant growers are one of the sings of a truly great album?

Now I still have to defend my baby Charmy, I guess it does have a few drawbacks but if anything, she's more under- than oversinging on it.

AqrebQ.gif

I personally dislike it (but that's the case with most of her covers tbh), however, I won't deny that there are times when I forget to pause after Languishing and do a little sing-along to it oops

wow shade my country a bit

AqrebQ.gif

Although it probably would have sold 0 copies then, it literally takes 10 digital units for a song to be an iTunes #1 here, tragic.

AqrebQ.gif

This and all you wrote later, I agree! Obsessed might be a bit harsh at points but it was desined to be that way, I think that with her usual delicate vocals it would not have the same impact. It was a new thing for her and while it might seem like she kind of drowned her voice in the computer effects, I think it actually strengthened her performance, it fits her personality really well. And on some other songs, Ribbon or Standing O, the auto-tune is used only in small doses and in a clever way. Overall, the producers knew exactly what they were doing imo, they made the album sound both current and a bit old-fashioned (not saying this as a disadvantage obvs) and their work never overrides actual compositions.

Tea, this is how you write a diss track, Eminem WISHES.

AqrebQ.gif

*pretends he didn't see how @Skyline called The Emancipation of Screami superior to Memoirs of a Perfect Album*

AqrebQ.gif

They are, BGK is just perfection, Candy Bling is super sleek and lovely and when you hear It's a Wrap, its intro, you can tell she's about to go IN, it's crazy good ahh

Oh wow Vishnyppu agreeing with me and basically confirming @Skyline is a goat??

AqrebQ.gif

I agree with all btw. Memoirs is a huge grower plus I have an emotional connection that album cause it was the first album I witnessed being released and going through that whole era etc as a Lamb you know? 

Let's discuss Charmy now her most underrated imo. You said she under-sang idk where you're hearing that cause good sis is belting in every track on the album and vocal acrobatic is off the charts. Her most vocally challenging album imo. I made a point earlier if you remember, Charmy came out immediately after Glitter and she took just 3 months to record it the shortest time she took for any album I think it was obvious that she really just wanted to get back into the good graces of the media and the public and prove that she can infact sing and with that mindset she over compensated on charmy with oversinging. But still music wise it was an amazing effort we saw some stuff on there which we had never seen from Mariah up until that point. But really issue I have is with Through The Rain, I don't dislike it, it's very cute I occasionally find myself watching the music video but it's so overproduced, her vocals are stitched together as opposed to being live you can hear it clearly in the acapella and top that off the incredibly cheesy lyrics it's just not a good song. Plus AM I THE ONLY ONE that hears that little annoying wobble in her voice when she sings the first chorus? It comes at "I can Make it through the rain..." I think Charmy could've been edited it a bit more. Remove Through The Sewer and also You Goat Me and reshuffle the tracklist a bit, swap the whispery vocals from songs like Irresistible and You Had Your Chance (but keep them others like Lullaby, Clown, The One etc) for a fuller mid-range vocals and it could've actually been a good album. What are you thoughts VilJesuspu? @Skyline Skylord you can also join this discussion! 

AqrebQ.gif

9 hours ago, TattooedHeart said:

I'll stay out of this

Good.

AqrebQ.gif

13 hours ago, Sylk said:

Oh wow Vishnyppu agreeing with me and basically confirming @Skyline is a goat??

AqrebQ.gif

What a shocking twist was that

AqrebQ.gif

And what I meant with Charmy is that while she still does her vocal acrobatics, it's not as exposed as on the previous records. I feel like she was aiming for the whistles to become more of a background rather than a crucial part which would overshadow the rest of the compositions. I really like the sound of it, it's probably her most laid-back, urban album and she needed this type of sound in her discography too tbh.

As for Through the Rain, I saw it referred to as "a parody of Mimi sing" and honestly, I don't even want to argue with that. It's a lovely song but something about it really irks me. Like, the way she sings the last chorus feels incredibly stiff and forced, it's not her typical floating with voice, it just becomes unpleasant after a while. You Got Me is trash ofc, on the other hand, I grew to like Irresistible and I Only Wanted so I guess those two tracks mentioned above are truly Charmy's only stains. #SylkPREACHES

AqrebQ.gif

You Had Your Chance is holy the way it is though!