Say Lou Lou

Katy used real fur for her shoe line. Surprised?

9 hours ago, Earth Ripper said:

But I read that our digestive system is typically for herbivos and not omnivores interesting1

The biggest argument against natural meat consumption is of course that we don't possess the appropriate claws and/or teeth to catch/eat animals in their natural state, aka raw and without tools. And ofc raw meat basically kills us, unlike carnivores who have all sorts of protection measures in their digestive system mad9

I mean, I'm not perfectly educated about the matter, I'm just telling you I actually read something different oprah8 But you seem more informed so maybe you can counter everything I just said, please do you if you can I do find it an interesting subject rih14

It's not, we have the appropriate enzymes to digest meat and its consumption was significant to human evolution. That's not to say that a vegan diet is not viable in the 21st century, it can be balanced with the right food choices and supplementation. 

26 minutes ago, Earth Ripper said:

But I read that our digestive system is typically for herbivos and not omnivores interesting1

The biggest argument against natural meat consumption is of course that we don't possess the appropriate claws and/or teeth to catch/eat animals in their natural state, aka raw and without tools. And ofc raw meat basically kills us, unlike carnivores who have all sorts of protection measures in their digestive system mad9

I mean, I'm not perfectly educated about the matter, I'm just telling you I actually read something different oprah8 But you seem more informed so maybe you can counter everything I just said, please do you if you can I do find it an interesting subject rih14

Teeth and jaw:

- biting/tearing/ripping incisors and canines (like carnivores)

- chewing molars (like herbivores)

= omnivores

Digestive system:

- lack of cellulases or cellulosic symbionts (herbivores have that) 

- lots of proteases (that carnivores have) 

- we have sucrases that let us digest fruits

- Humans require vitamin B12 to thrive, which can only come from animal sources or certain bacteria (vegans must supplement their diet).

- We also require vitamin C, which is present in citrus fruits and organ meat, the latter probably being our evolutionary ancestor’s main source.

- very powerful livers (the detoxification organ)

- very strong ability to smell rot/decay/decomposition relative to other animals.

= we may have evolved as scavengers, eating dead (but not too decayed) carcasses killed by other animals

Evolution and relatives:

- our closest relatives, the chimpanzees are also omnivores

The leading theory as to how humans evolved is that we became long-distance runners and hunted food by running it down until it tired, and that our access to meat and protein enabled our brains to evolve further than otherwise. So meat-eating is in our history as well as our DNA and physiology.

Sources:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2016/12/23/how-humans-evolved-to-be-natural-omnivores/

https://www.vrg.org/nutshell/omni.htm - a vegetarian scientist actually did a research on the topic and proved that humans are omnivores rather than herbivores.

Just now, Breathless Mahoney said:

@Hermione if the hooker thread left you cold, now's the time to fight like you wanted.

I only got a 76 on my last Biology exam, so let me not make a fool out of myself. dead7

1 minute ago, lautnerfied said:

Katy has no principles per usual

Loving this tea! Nor does Taylor though. lj1

8 minutes ago, Jony said:

It's not, we have the appropriate enzymes to digest meat and its consumption was significant in human evolution. That's not to say that a vegan diet is not viable in the 21st century, it can be balanced with the right food choices and supplementation. 

clap3 Exactly. It's more of an ethical and/or ecological choice.

I get that this is tragic, I myself hate that this happened. But lets be real, I doubt she consciously allowed it to happen. Yeah she should've made it clear from the start she wanted no animal products, heck maybe she did, but as far as production goes she probably had little to no involvement. I truly do hope that she speaks up for this, or removes the shoes from sale. 

But it makes me wonder, is everyone here vegetarian/vegan? 

1 minute ago, Princess Aurora said:

yeah it's a cultural difference, in Southern Italy we tend to eat rabbits I know it sounds weird to you but yeah we do chi1

Just now, Mystique said:

Eating rabbit meat is common in some cultures, why is that an issue?

Oh oops I never knew that sorry about that chi1

3 minutes ago, Cruella de Vil said:

- Humans require vitamin B12 to thrive, which can only come from animal sources or certain bacteria (vegans must supplement their diet).

That's still in debate tho oprah8 Some authors even go as far to say that it's meat eaters who in the end require more B12 supplements than the average vegetarian because the average Western meat based diet destroys the body's ability to properly absorb B12..

16 minutes ago, Cruella de Vil said:

That is a bullshit link ayumi1 No references at all to back up his claims.

24 minutes ago, Jony said:

It's not, we have the appropriate enzymes to digest meat and its consumption was significant in human evolution.

Well, that's true but that still doesn't make us omnivores per se gaga12 I'm reading scholarly articles about it rn, and it seems like the matter is a lot more complex than I assumed it to be. A lot of the research that the typical arguments are based on has been questioned and partly debunked by post-2000 research lj1 Anyway, I don't understand shit of all these articles with their technical language, but it seems to me that we became omnivores, which still leaves open the question what human beings are naturally designed to eat before specific circumstances made their mark.

I mean, I'm personally always quite amused by these discussions because there is no way anyone could ever defend the eating of processed animal foods as we do now mad5 So I feel like the whole debate is misguided from the start already. There's no denying that the classical Western diet is incredibly harmful. I feel like vegetarians etc. are judged disproportionately as if to eat like every other average Westerner is an example of eating responsibly/in line with evolution.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Imagine being brutally electrocuted, only to get turned into those fashion abominations.  

Katy with her latest victim 

Even the fact that only one pair out of like a hundred pairs is non-vegan indicates that it was an unauthorized mistake. The team itself stated that the shoes are vegan, and this looks like new knowle

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.