Anna-wa

#My(kind of)FirstListen Post by Bjork

I originally listened to "Post Live" on Spotify many years ago because that was the only version of this album that was available on there at the time. But I went back to Spotify tonight and see that Post the studio album is there now. And since I've forgotten what everything sounds like by now, it's *kind of* a first listen all over again.

@Hylia commented on one of my status updates and said I should give it a try, so I will. Don't know if any of her fans are online or not right now but if they're not I will just edit the post with my "first" thought of each song.

@Hyperballad @Aidan. @ I don't know who her other fans are

Tracklist:

Army Of Me - Christina is shaken. I like it but her voice sounds a little weird (almost like she has a cold or something?)? Maybe that's the point though... 7/10.

@Hyperballad - Very pretty. I can see why someone would have a username dedicated to it. jj2 7.5/10.

Modern Things - I'm not sure what she means by cars/modern things 'always' existing but it's a pretty sound??? 7.5/10.

It's Oh So Quiet - I've heard this song in a movie I think. Was definitely not expecting that BAM. Hahaha. 9/10.

Enjoy - What can I say other than I ENJOYed it? jj2 8/10. 

You've Been Flirting Again - Wow, what a beautiful song. Favorite so far. 9.5/10.

Isobel - You can never understand all the lyrics when you first listen to an album, but the lyrics I can understand I love and it pushes it over the edge. 9/10.

Possibly Maybe - Very soothing. 7/10 for now but I can see it (possibly maybe) being a grower.

I Miss You - Wow, the modern "Once Upon A Dream". I like it a lot. 8.5/10.

Cover Me - Such a simple and quiet song, yet it's one of my favorites so far. 8/10.

Headphones - So sweet and relaxing. Reading the lyrics on Rapgenius, I relate to it a lot. That's definitely me with my headphones/CD player/music in general. They make me happy/relaxed. 7.5/10.

Favorite songs after "first" listen:

• You've Been Flirting Again
  • It's Oh So Quiet
  • Isobel
  • I Miss You
  • Cover Me

Overall thoughts: I like it. I don't love it yet but I think I will after a few more listens. I can definitely see how she influenced Bedtime Stories and I also see some similarities to the Little Earthquakes album by Tori Amos (and I love both Bedtime Stories and Little Earthquakes). I will try to listen to it more over the next few days and will probably buy it soon as well. :) Thank you @Hylia for convincing me to listen to this (although it didn't take much convincing hahaha).

1 hour ago, Anna-wa said:

Favorite songs after "first" listen:

• You've Been Flirting Again
  • It's Oh So Quiet
  • Isobel
  • I Miss You
  • Cover Me

Overall thoughts: I like it. I don't love it yet but I think I will after a few more listens. I can definitely see how she influenced Bedtime Stories and I also see some similarities to the Little Earthquakes album by Tori Amos (and I love both Bedtime Stories and Little Earthquakes). I will try to listen to it more over the next few days and will probably buy it soon as well. :) Thank you @Hylia for convincing me to listen to this (although it didn't take much convincing hahaha).

OH MY GOD I LOVE TORI AMOS oprah4 

13 minutes ago, Hylia said:

OH MY GOD I LOVE TORI AMOS oprah4 

I admittedly only know Little Earthquakes, Choirgirl Hotel, and the song "That Guy" but I'm definitely up for listening to more!

Her discography is just so BIG though oh my gosh. It's up there with Madonna's, if not more than Madonna...

Just now, Anna-wa said:

I admittedly only know Little Earthquakes, Choirgirl Hotel, and the song "That Guy" but I'm definitely up for listening to more!

Her discography is just so BIG though oh my gosh. It's up there with Madonna's, if not more than Madonna...

Yeah she has 14 studio albums, but that's small compared to some of my older faves rip2 Tori is in my top 5 alongside Björk, so I'm glad to know you appreciate her oprah4 

Just now, Hylia said:

Yeah she has 14 studio albums, but that's small compared to some of my older faves rip2 Tori is in my top 5 alongside Björk, so I'm glad to know you appreciate her oprah4 

Who, other than Barbra Streisand, is 14 albums "small" compared to?? rip2 

2 minutes ago, Hylia said:

Linda Ronstadt (my avatar) has 28 albums, Cher has 25 albums, and Dolly Parton has 43 albums rip2 

carla1carla1carla1carla1 I could barely keep up with Madonna's discography when I was a fan. I don't know how you can do that... OMGosh at Dolly Parton... carla1carla1carla1carla1 

1 minute ago, Anna-wa said:

carla1carla1carla1carla1 I could barely keep up with Madonna's discography when I was a fan. I don't know how you can do that... OMGosh at Dolly Parton... carla1carla1carla1carla1 

I haven't listened to any of Dolly's album, but I adore her and would like to TRY you one day rip2 the problem is that sometimes, some artists don't have their discographies available on streaming services. Around half of Cher's isn't on Apple Music and it really bugs me

1 minute ago, Hylia said:

I haven't listened to any of Dolly's album, but I adore her and would like to TRY you one day rip2 the problem is that sometimes, some artists don't have their discographies available on streaming services. Around half of Cher's isn't on Apple Music and it really bugs me

I've wanted to get into Dolly Parton too but 43 albums.................. carla1 I think I'll just stick with her Greatest Hits collection or something...

Just now, Anna-wa said:

I've wanted to get into Dolly Parton too but 43 albums.................. carla1 I think I'll just stick with her Greatest Hits collection or something...

Dolly still releases quite often, so I imagine in the next 10 years that number will climb even more rip2 Jolene is one of my all time favorite songs though