Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Lion's Den

Katy Perry | The Complete Confection | March 26, 2012

Katy Perry 'Freshening Up' Unreleased Songs

Producer Tricky Stewart reveals that singer is in studio working on leftovers from their Teenage Dream sessions.

She may still be releasing tracks off Teenage Dream thanks to her latest single, "The One That Got Away," but Katy Perry is already hard at work on some other super-special, top-secret musical project.

Producer Tricky Stewart, who worked with Perry on three Teenage Dream songs, is back at work with the California Gurl herself, prepping some music with the singer. "Katy and I went into [the studio] just to address some issues with records that we had done in the past that didn't end up going on Teenage Dream," he told MTV News. "So we are in the process of just listening and freshening up things and getting ready for something special she has going on."

What is it that she is readying? Well, Stewart doesn't exactly know, or maybe he just doesn't want to say. "I don't know what it is, but I know she has something going on because she wants to be in the studio," he said. "So that's good. ... I can tell you that Katy likes the studio again; that's always a good thing."

While he couldn't shed much light on the project itself, he did reveal the name of the song. "This song is really special. It's called 'Dressing Up,' so it's going to be a big record, I think," he said. "It definitely fits. It's right there in what her sensibilities are as a musician and a songwriter. She doesn't change much. She has a very keen musical taste. It'll be really good."

The music they are working on is using some leftovers from their Teenage Dream sessions. And they hope to finally put that magic out into the world. "We always knew that the records we created were special [and] at the time it was more contractual obligation [that they didn't make the record]," he explained, noting all the success the singer has experienced with the record, which includes five #1 songs. "I can only have so many songs produced by me on the record. She didn't need to have extra songs at the same time."

source

UPDATE

Katy Perry's "Dressin Up" to be released on restripe album early 2012.

Swarm Logic produces and arranges guitars and bass.

http://www.namastestudiosatl.com/fr_home.cfm

Its coming +excited+ +excited+

Some people say it's going to be an EP.

And the collaboration with Rihanna is probably on it.

I wanted a new album next year, but I don't mind this re-release. This era has been extremely successful and of course they don't want to end it.

They are probably going to release The One That Got Away first and then this.

Can't wait +excited+ +excited+

its kinda ummm boring...stupid? idk sorry but i hate her now :C i was a huge fan of her but idk she became weid idk what to say i feel like she thinks shes the best maybe its just rumours anyway about her music...i want a new freaking album the re-releases are stupid i think... they just add old songs... and dressin up omfg its so old im sorry but if shes releasing a re-release im out of here...it will totally flop ny7.gif' alt='ny6'> i hope she will not make songs to sound like teenage deam rih1

An EP would be better, so they can release both a standalone and a double disk edition similar to the TF and TFM, and its sales would count toward Teenage Dream as well +excited+. I hope they include Part of Me on the record because that song is just too amazing cry1

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.