Mariah's #Festive Lounge

11,587 posts in this topic

First, there was Long Ago from Daydream. Then came The Roof on Butterfly. Eventually followed by Lullaby on Charmbracelet. All 3 are seductive RnB grooves in which Mariah uses layered vocals to create an atmosphere of sexual yearning, and takes us back back in time to this moment long ago on the roof top as she sang her lover a lullaby.

which one's your fave?

for me, it'd have to be

1. The Roof
  2. Lullaby
  3. Long Ago

Is it just me or is "Touch My Body" really underrated? :D I love that song for her!

which one's your fave?

for me, it'd have to be

1. The Roof
  2. Lullaby
  3. Long Ago

I love all of them, but The Roof is obviously the best, followed by Long Ago, and then Lullaby.

Is it just me or is "Touch My Body" really underrated? :D I love that song for her!

It's actually quite overrated. It wouldn't have gotten to #1 without the hype surrounding it.

It's actually quite overrated. It wouldn't have gotten to #1 without the hype surrounding it.

I meant by the fans, it doesn't get enough love from the fans :(

I meant by the fans, it doesn't get enough love from the fans :(

Because it's not very good. There were so many better choices for lead single of E=MC2 that were a lot more fierce.

Because it's not very good. There were so many better choices for lead single of E=MC2 that were a lot more fierce.

This is what I keep hearing :s I personally love it though

This is what I keep hearing :s I personally love it though

It was better than most songs on the radio at the time, but not by Mariah standards.

I really looove touch my body and think its kinda underrated.

Lots of fans hate it +noway+

I mean , for me its kinda brilliant , is a silly song , that puts me in a great mood , its playful , the lyrics are kinda funny , good vocals and its like one of those songs that dont remind me of anything and take me away to other place :tehe:

Lets say , We belong together , That song might remind me of an special someone , and IDK , Sometimes it kinda hurts to listen to it just cause of that , but TMB is one that i can really enjoy without that

I really looove touch my body and think its kinda underrated.

Lots of fans hate it +noway+

I mean , for me its kinda brilliant , is a silly song , that puts me in a great mood , its playful , the lyrics are kinda funny , good vocals and its like one of those songs that dont remind me of anything and take me away to other place :tehe:

Lets say , We belong together , That song might remind me of an special someone , and IDK , Sometimes it kinda hurts to listen to it just cause of that , but TMB is one that i can really enjoy without that

I remember when it first leaked at the beginning of the E=MC2 I was kind of dissappointed, but Bye Bye got me rehyped for the album.

I remember my first time hearing Touch My Body. my jaw literally dropped.

I couldn't believe she would release such a juvenile-sounding lead single.

"If It's Over - Live" +bow+

Edited by AJLazyBoy22

Exactly Alejo, Touch My body isn't a brilliant piece of work and definitely not among her best singles but it's so catchy and irresistible +love+ It deserved its No. 1 position imo.

one of her best performances EVER. She basically took it to church and shut the game down here! +legend+

which one's your fave?

for me, it'd have to be

1. The Roof
  2. Lullaby
  3. Long Ago

Each of those is my fave from their respective albums.

I'd say The Roof, Lullaby then Long Ago

Migrate should have been lead single. End of discussion! I like TMB though, still a great summery song.

she was so hot during My All

My-All-Video-mariah-carey-10710961-692-528.jpg

Mariah with straight/wavy etc. hair >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mariah with bushy/curly hair.

one of her best performances EVER. She basically took it to church and shut the game down here! +legend+

i frickin love her lower register