Aion

The Festive Lounge

Guys! Another question! What do you think is her best VOCAL album?

For me it's Butterfly, because its her most experimental vocally. She still does the crazy notes but she actually sings even higher than she did on Music Box/Daydream. And she perfectly combines the soft smooth vocals with insane belts and whistles.

After that I would say Merry Christmas, cos she really took it to church with that one. Merry Xmas 2 U also has amazing vocals, 21 years later and she still has no real vocal competitors (although I think Kelly Clarkson is amazing too).

This. :) though I adore Emotions and Daydream vocally also

So I always throwed shade at Mariah & stuff, I was convinced to listen to her albums in full. I listened to every single album & I can officialy say they are all amazing besides Memoirs. Memoirs is shit. +wtf+ But OMFG Emotions is amazing, it's so peaceful.

So I always throwed shade at Mariah & stuff, I was convinced to listen to her albums in full. I listened to every single album & I can officialy say they are all amazing besides Memoirs. Memoirs is shit. +wtf+ But OMFG Emotions is amazing, it's so peaceful.

I'm really proud of you Owen! And I also love how you're becoming a Stan for Emotions, that album is pretty underappreciated and takes time to grow on most.

Welcome to the Lambily :tehe:

Memoirs is actually a grower. I hated it on first listen. None of her albums are 'bad' you just gotta be in the mood. Her mid 90s material is her best though overall imo. Music Box, Daydream, Merry Xmas and Butterfly are the fabulous foursome +legend+

^ AMAAAAAAZING> 1996/97 are her best vocals for me. Like I said it's not coincidence that that was the time Whitney picked up the crackpipe.

Btw... Listening to the last chorus of Through The Rain is SO FUCKING AMAZING! I know the song is totally unoriginal in melody and lyric, and the first two sections go on forever (I hate how she takes so damn long to start sangin!). But yeah, that ending! +legend+

^ AMAAAAAAZING> 1996/97 are her best vocals for me. Like I said it's not coincidence that that was the time Whitney picked up the crackpipe.

Btw... Listening to the last chorus of Through The Rain is SO FUCKING AMAZING! I know the song is totally unoriginal in melody and lyric, and the first two sections go on forever (I hate how she takes so damn long to start sangin!). But yeah, that ending! +legend+