Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Guest Devoción

TOP 20 SHAKIRA VIDEOS: #1 FINALLY revealed

Guest Devoción

mariah7.jpg

My Top 25 Mariah Carey-Shakira-Christina-P!nk Songs - NOW COUNTING DOWN TOP 20

I am counting down my favorite Shakira, Christina, P!nk and Mariah songs. I urge you to listen to each and everyone of them - they are all special and have something to say. There is a reason why I chose these songs. Note that at every 5th interval, I include 2 songs per artist - I really couldn't leave them out.

I Am Free | Antes De Las Seis | Soar | Hell Wit Ya

"ONCE I WAS SOOOO ALOOONE UNSTEAAAADY AND COLD!!"

Love love LOVE this song. Her voice is actually so god-damn pure in this. The melody and lyrics are just wow, and... yeah, ask Poptimism about my Australian impersonation ;)

"Si desde el dia en que no estas vi la noche llegar mucho antes de las seis" (Since the day you left I witnessed the night arrive much earlier before 6pm)

BEAUTIFUL. LOOK AT THE BLOODY VIDEO!!! cry4.gif' alt='cry3'>.gif' alt='cry2'> cry1

"In life there's gonna be times when you're feeling low"

Her vocals are victorious.

"What did she do to you to make you give her everything that you never did for me?"

P!nk's older songs. A very basic song, but I love the bridge (quoted). Her vocals are pretty thin here.

Guest Devoción

mariah7.jpg

I am counting down my favorite Shakira, Christina, P!nk and Mariah songs. I urge you to listen to each and everyone of them - they are all special and have something to say. There is a reason why I chose these songs. Note that at every 5th interval, I include 2 songs per artist - I really couldn't leave them out.

Always Be My Baby | Que Me Quedes Tu | The Right Man | Funhouse

"OHHH BA-by believe me it's only a matter of time, TIIIIMEE"

Classic song. #1 Hot 100 Billboard. Unforgettable, ever. Mariah in her peak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQNQ60mrQeE

"Porque yo, yo oh si, si, QUE DEPENDO DE TI!!!!" (Because i DEPEND ON YOU!)

Great song. When Shakira released Laundry Service after the supposed "crossover", this was the one song that closely resembled a Donde song. Beautiful lyrics, Shakira describes how she can sacrifice EVERYTHING in the world, as long as the love from her lover remains.... AWWWWWW <3

"WHEN I"M STANDING IN THE CHAPELLL WEARING MY WHITE DRESSSSSS"

I admit, it does get a bit yelly at the end, it's a generally nice song. Not sure if Xtina can apply this song to her current life though +laughcry+

"I dance around this empty house, tear us down, throw you out! (weeee)"

Title track of one of her most famous albums. Glorious!

LOVE LOVE LOVE Always Be My Baby. An epic song, it sums up the 90s totally, it's just got it going on.

I think you once showed me this Shakira video +tehe3+ I love when she leans a little more rockish, guitar-oriented, etc.

Gabe is going to like the Christina pick +laughcry+ It was such a kind of... surprising end to Back to Basics, very grandiose and maybe even a little dark.

P!nk can sing anything she wants to sing. Too bad this didn't peak higher on the Hot 100. cry1

Guest Devoción

mariah7.jpg

#15a

Against All Odds | Don't Bother | Fighter | Just Like A Pill

"And YOU comin BACK to me, it's A-GAINST ALL ODDS, there's no CHANCE I got to HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDEEEEE"

I'm pretty fond of this cover, especially the glorious vocals at the end. Although, I've never heard her do it legitly live.

"Promise you won't ever see me CRYYYYY!"

This song largely underperformed for the lead single of what was to sell 8 million copies worldwide. At the time of release, MANY US critics called this the potential first US #1 of her career, but it only peaked at #42. Many people attribute this to La Tortura still being on the waves, but I personally think this wasn't really single material +laughcry+ . But still, a perfect song in so many ways, and I love the Mariah belt near the end.

"I'll REMEMBER!"

Such a iconic anthem for all those people out there who were mistreated in previous relationships. It's such a triumphant song. The lyrics ring harder than ever "After all of the stealing and cheating you probably think that I hold resentment for you - ah ah, YOU'RE WRONG". For those who are familiar with Stripped, I LOVE how it's a continuation of the heartbreaking "Walk Away".

"Said I tried to call the nurse again but she's being a little BITCH!"

This song is pretty old school now I guess, but it's so energetic! P!nk reveals her past dirty habits, but in a kind of retrospective manner - stating that at the time, whilst indulging in such activities may have felt good, but it actually made her more "ill".

Guest Devoción
Fighter and Just Like A Pill - two flawless songs again. oprah1

Just Like A Pill should chart so much higher, though.

Just wait till you see my top 10! Although they might not be the "conventional famous" favorites, they';re more... fan favorites and deeper album cuts

Guest Devoción
YASSSSSSSSSSS THE RIGHT MAN. brit11

love all the songs posted. brit11

epic idea for a chart, devocion gur.

Yay! It's like the perfect combo of my holy four-nity! Although I should've added Beyonce as well... Maybe I'll add her when I get to the Top 10 xtina1

Guest runaway.
Just wait till you see my top 10! Although they might not be the "conventional famous" favorites, they';re more... fan favorites and deeper album cuts

I'm really looking forward! Xtina and P!nk have so many incredible song. oprah1

I LOVE EVERY SONG ON THE TOP 15. baby1

Don't Bother, it's such bullshit how no one remembers that song. I resented so much that they added Hips Don't Lie to get a quick hit and re-energize album sales, it was such a perfect, beautiful record on its own terms and fuck the public for not appreciating it.

I LOVE EVERY SONG ON THE TOP 15. baby1

Don't Bother, it's such bullshit how no one remembers that song. I resented so much that they added Hips Don't Lie to get a quick hit and re-energize album sales, it was such a perfect, beautiful record on its own terms and fuck the public for not appreciating it.

I liked Don't Bother also rih2

Guest Devoción

mariah7.jpg

#15b

Reflections | No | I Will Be | 18 Wheeler

"Did you even care at all for me?"

A pretty sad song following the events of a child who was abandoned by her mother long long ago.

"No se puede vivir con tanto veneno" (One can't live with so much venom)

One of the most perfect Shakira songs ever written. This is all about regret and forgiveness, and the need to rid all evil in the world. Shakira fans all agree that this is possibly her best video ever made - MAKE SURE YOU ALL WATCH THE VIDEO I POST - IT ALSO HAS ENGLISH SUBTITLES.

"I will be strong on my own !"

A lot of people don't know that this song is actually a B-side to Dirrty, let alone exists (cough Poptimism) +laughcry+ . I kinda wish Xtina did more of these types of songs - as her voice is enough to carry with a piano alone.

"You can push me out the window, I'll just get back up!"

I simply LOVE when P!nk does these rockier songs. The lyrics are so strong - P!nk is UNBEATABLE.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.