Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Hasanka

Will.i.am records PSA for military families

william_med.jpg

Black Eyed Peas singer will.i.am has recorded a public service announcement calling on Americans to provide support for the families of US servicemen and women.

Taking part in the Joining Forces campaign alongside First Lady Michelle Obama, the 'Just Can't Get Enough' musician urged people to consider the impact national service must have on the loved ones of the enlisted.

"All of these brave and courageous people leave behind a family - people who need a little help to make it through the day," will.i.am said.

He continued: "Imagine what a parent goes through when their child is in service. Imagine what a husband or wife feels when their spouse is in service… Imagine what we could do to support them if we started joining forces. It's a simple act of kindness from you."

After suggesting that anyone from doctors to athletes can help make life a little easier on military families, will.i.am added that it's a selfless deed to show kindness to those serving in the US armed forces.

"American military families are strong, so let's make them stronger," the singer declared.

The Joining Forces campaign is being headed by the first lady as well Vice President Joe Biden's wife Jill. One of the group's key goals is to improve education standards for the children of troops as well provide employment opportunities for their spouses.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.