Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Agugaga

Is I-Tunes the new TRL?

Best V Mag Gaga Cover?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Choose

• 2013 A
    • 2013 B
    • 2013 C
    • 2013 D

This is an interesting comparison. I've realized that the Itunes top ten is very similar to how TRL was run back in the day. First of all, new songs by popular artists always debut higher and then plummet down as they age (as apposed to on the radio charts where they climb up as they age), and a songs run on the itunes chart is very inconsistant, just like how it was back in the day on TRL. Some days it does better, some days it does worse, then better again, then worse, etc.

Another aspet is fan wars. Fans buy multiple copies and duke it out with fan bases to make sure their favorite artists are higher. It feels like it's the late 90's again and i'm watching TRL when i look at Gaga's fans battle it out with the Rihanna and Britney fans.

yeah TRL was representative of the most popular pop songs in and around the year 2000. Presented by Carson Daily it was almost always Britney or her rivals at no1. And those chitty boybands. :tehe: The difference is that iTunes actually represents more genres than just pop.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.