Dita

Bionic: The Concept Thread!!

Basically this is a thread for all of us Bionic mourners to discuss our concepts for the album. To keep this thread alive and give it some longetivity I have decided that we shall do it in sections as opposed to all in once.

Before we begin understand that we can only talk about the tracks on the album so don't troll and say change everything or bring up Kimono Girl.

Part1: Album
part 2: Promo
Part 3a): Single choices
Part 3b): Videos
Part 4: Tour
Part 5: Legacy

Here's to some interesting chats and differing opinions xtina44

Part 1.

Album.

The way to answer this is to post how you think the tracklist should have went, what should have stayed and what could have been cut, the photoshoot: was it Bionic enough, cover art, even the flipping font. Anything to do with the production of the album.

Don't forget to give reasons people.

xtina8

Part 1: Album

The tracklist seems a bit extense to me and there's some changes I would do to it:

- I Hate Boys and My Girls should've been cut from the album (they are into the album concept but both the lyrics and instrumentals on this songs don't impress me: they aren't funny, smart or interesting 4 me like the other tracks);

-The intros could be there but as hidden tracks and shouldn't be listed as tracks cause that makes the album tracklist looks bigger and we all know that the public tends to think that quantity means less quality (this is not true in all cases but that's the way people think);

-Even tho one of the versions is only avaible for those who buy the deluxe edition, I think putting two different versions of I Am in the album is ilogic. Is like when artists put remixes as bonus tracks, doesn't make sense to me to put two different versions of the same song in one album. Although I notice the difference between the main version and the stripped version I still think there's no need to have both versions of the song in the album. They should've chosen the best version and keep the other out of the album.

-Monday Morning should not be a bonus track. The song is way to flawless, shoud've been on the main tracklist.

The album cover is flawless (mainly the one for the deluxe edition with the movements) so i wouldn't change it. The problem is: only with an HQ pic we can see all the details on it so they could've included a poster with the cover image so people would be able to see the amazing details on it. That way people would understand the cover better and like it more.

See HQ pic of the album with all the amazing details. I had to put the link cause the photo is way too big (1500X1500) to display automaticaly.

http://loft965.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/high-bionic.jpg

As for the photoshoot is perfect for the concept of the album! Nothing to change there (maybe a lil bit more full body photos).

The booklet has only one flaw in my opinion: part of the "Sex for breakfast" lyrics are hidden by the "caution" tape (which is supposed to be the "X" of the word "sex"). They should think in another way of putting both things without one hidding the other (like putting the caution tape parts that hidde the lyrics on watermark or something so the tape would still be there but we could read the lyrics).

The booklet art is different and beyhond amazing.

About the production I have nothing to add cause I don't understand that much about music production. Plus everything seems fine in that matter. I love the experimental side of the album and majority of lyrics sound funny (in a positive way), smart and well constructed.

I know I wrote a lot but those are my thoughs in the matter and I get a lil' too excited when the matter is Bionic ny7.gif' alt='ny6'> Hope someone reads the whole thing. +cool+

Wow. I love you. This is the kind of response I dreamed of for this thread. Thanks. Yes I do agree with most of what you say, although I would like all the deluxe tracks on the album, cut the intro and include Little Dreamer!

Wow. I love you. This is the kind of response I dreamed of for this thread. Thanks. Yes I do agree with most of what you say, although I would like all the deluxe tracks on the album, cut the intro and include Little Dreamer!

Yeah I understood you wanted one of those complex and well constructed discussions with this thread. And guess what? I love this kind of discussions with actual content. Plus I love to share my thoughs about an album final product. Maybe if the thread is sucessful you can make others like this for her other studio albums (tho they did not "flop" - hate this word tbh - im sure there's something every fan would like to change even if it's just some little detail).

@90sChild So glad you joined the forum, I love your insight! xtina8

Great idea Kevvo, I had a similar thread for this part back in August. My tracklist I put there is totally different from what I would do today. +laughcry+ #GrowingUpAsAStan oprah2

http://fotpforums.com/showthread.php?11316-Design-your-Ideal-Bionic-Tracklist&highlight=Bionic+tracklist

If any of y'all never posted in it, feel free to bump. ny7.gif' alt='ny6'>

will post my updated tracklist soon. xx xtina19

Yeah I understood you wanted one of those complex and well constructed discussions with this thread. And guess what? I love this kind of discussions with actual content. Plus I love to share my thoughs about an album final product. Maybe if the thread is sucessful you can make others like this for her other studio albums (tho they did not "flop" - hate this word tbh - im sure there's something every fan would like to change even if it's just some little detail).

Yeah me too. I like to plat what if lol. I'm glad you started us off with that epic reply. Maybe I will do that after this one then? It could be really interesting with Stripped I think. xtina8

@90sChild So glad you joined the forum, I love your insight! xtina8

Great idea Kevvo, I had a similar thread for this part back in August. My tracklist I put there is totally different from what I would do today. +laughcry+ #GrowingUpAsAStan oprah2

http://fotpforums.com/showthread.php?11316-Design-your-Ideal-Bionic-Tracklist&highlight=Bionic+tracklist

If any of y'all never posted in it, feel free to bump. ny7.gif' alt='ny6'>

will post my updated tracklist soon. xx xtina19

Thanks for inspiring me to start it as usual Andrew xtina8

Can't wait. Also would love to hear your view on the artwork and cover xtina8

Thanks you guys <3

Can't wait to read other people thoughs and ideas on the album... Come on y'all! Share your thoughs! kesha25

Yeah I can't either. Gabe, Joyzie/Bella, Andrew, Matan, Paul/Rihtina....everyone POST!

Guest Ain't No Other Man

Album:

Tracklisting

1) Bionic 2) Monday Morning 3) Elastic Love 4) Not Myself Tonight 5) Birds of Prey 6) Lift Me Up 7) Woohoo

8) Glam 9) Stronger Than Ever 10) I Am 11) All I Need 12) You Lost Me 13) Bobblehead 14) Little Dreamer

Deluxe

15) Prima Donna 16) Bound to You 17) My Girls 18) Desudate [itunes bonus track]

I would have put the best 4 uptempos at the beginning. People will generally like them more than the rest of the album, so it's best to start the CD on a positive note. Then a mid-tempo and the best ballad. That way listeners can see her more serious side. Then the rest of the ballads, and I'd end it with two more uptempos. I'd save the best for last. For the deluxe, 3 uptempos and a ballad. That way the flawless tracks could be used. I know Bound to You wasn't for Bionic, but she'd need some ballad for the deluxe. I would have eliminated Vanity, SFB, and I Hate Boys. Those tracks are just bad imo.

Photoshoot

I would have had more pictures like the ones used for Lift Me Up, Morning Dessert, and Not Myself Tonight, but I would have left it alone for the most part. I think she looks better in more classy photos. She does have a son, and I doubt he needs a mom who does photos like the one for Woohoo/Elastic Love, too. I understand that it's what her fans like, but just for her son, you know? It IS dedicated to him.

I really would have cut out all of the intros. No one listens to those. They're a waste of her time. The interludes on Stripped were good, but the ones here are awful. They're just her talking.

In the booklet, I'd make the lyric fonts larger. It hurts my eyes trying to look at the lyrics. (I have terrible eyesight, so that could be it, but it's too small) And I would do something else with the NMT page. It looks cluttered.

Album:

Tracklisting

1) Bionic 2) Monday Morning 3) Elastic Love 4) Not Myself Tonight 5) Birds of Prey 6) Lift Me Up 7) Woohoo

8) Glam 9) Stronger Than Ever 10) I Am 11) All I Need 12) You Lost Me 13) Bobblehead 14) Little Dreamer

Deluxe

15) Prima Donna 16) Bound to You 17) My Girls 18) Desudate [itunes bonus track]

I would have put the best 4 uptempos at the beginning. People will generally like them more than the rest of the album, so it's best to start the CD on a positive note. Then a mid-tempo and the best ballad. That way listeners can see her more serious side. Then the rest of the ballads, and I'd end it with two more uptempos. I'd save the best for last. For the deluxe, 3 uptempos and a ballad. That way the flawless tracks could be used. I know Bound to You wasn't for Bionic, but she'd need some ballad for the deluxe. I would have eliminated Vanity, SFB, and I Hate Boys. Those tracks are just bad imo.

Photoshoot

I would have had more pictures like the ones used for Lift Me Up, Morning Dessert, and Not Myself Tonight, but I would have left it alone for the most part. I think she looks better in more classy photos. She does have a son, and I doubt he needs a mom who does photos like the one for Woohoo/Elastic Love, too. I understand that it's what her fans like, but just for her son, you know? It IS dedicated to him.

I really would have cut out all of the intros. No one listens to those. They're a waste of her time. The interludes on Stripped were good, but the ones here are awful. They're just her talking.

In the booklet, I'd make the lyric fonts larger. It hurts my eyes trying to look at the lyrics. (I have terrible eyesight, so that could be it, but it's too small) And I would do something else with the NMT page. It looks cluttered.

Great response honey xtina8 Yeah I agree with what you're saying about the positioning of the tracks. I think ending with little dreamer is perfect.

When I saw BTY I was like wtf but I get you now. Perhaps the stripped version of I Am could go in it's place? or an acoustic Not Myself Tonight!

The only intro from Bionic I like is the one before Woohoo with the heart beat like sound. The one she uses to open her shows these days fall1

lmao PM some people, warriors are lazy xtina1

Omg I know. I am going to bed soon. Hope there are some fresh replies in the morning. Going to try and incite some activity in the X section if I can. Get some debates started and hopefully keep our post count level! xtina44

Omg I know. I am going to bed soon. Hope there are some fresh replies in the morning. Going to try and incite some activity in the X section if I can. Get some debates started and hopefully keep our post count level! xtina44

Exactly, we're doing great. oprah1 Have a good sleep.

@Kallik Love your review. xtina12